Windows 11 issue with PIX4Dmapper, PIX4Dfields, PIX4Dsurvey, and PIX4Dmatic [e9041]

We recently received a few issues regarding the PIX4Dmapper, PIX4Dsurvery, PIX4Dfields, and PIX4Dmatic while running them on the Windows 11 operating system. We are aware of some users having problems with software crashes. For more information, visit this thread.

According to our investigation, they can download and install the software. However, software crashes during
I. Creating a new project or
II. Importing the GCPs.

Note: After our initial investigation, the issue seems to be related to the file explorer and the PIX4D’s software (PIX4Dmapper, PIX4Dsurvey, PIX4Dfields, and PIX4Dmatic). We are investigating and reporting the matter to the developers for further investigation.

Solution for the issue:

I. Disable the Microsoft OneDrive “Desktop” Folder automatic synchronization.

We believe that the issue might be related to OneDrive. Some users reported that the issue disappeared when the syncing with the “Desktop” folder was disabled.
You can do this in the settings of OneDrive, Backup tab, Manage backup, and Stop Backup for “Desktop folder” (syncing “Documents” or “Pictures” folders has no impact).

Note: After clicking on “Stop Backup” the files that you currently have on your desktop will disappear. A shortcut called “Where are my files” will appear on your desktop and will guide you to the current location of your desktop files.

II. (For PIX4Dfields only) Using PIX4Dfields 1.12 or newer.
The PIX4Dfields is only having issues with the PIX4Dfields 1.11 on Windows 11. The latest version of PIX4Dfield supports Windows 11. The issue was resolved after PIX4Dfields 1.12. Use the below link to download the latest version of PIX4Dfields which is supported with Windows 11. here.

III. Reverting back to Windows 10.

Useful links:

1. Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 ;
  2. Windows 11: How to go back to Windows 10 ;

Disclaimer: Pix4D publishes this information as a courtesy to its customers. Because this outside link may not be accurate, Pix4D makes no warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to its procedure.

1 Like

Dramatical solution for pix4dmapper

1 Like

Are there any updates on Windows 11 compatibility? I purchased a new laptop specifically to use Pix4D Mapper and it came with Windows 11 so I cannot downgrade to Windows 10. I experience crashes creating new projects and importing images and it is very frustrating, in the meantime my 12 months updates to the perpetual license I purchased last year are vanishing with no update for my software!

1 Like

Hi,

Have you tried what is proposed above from Kapil?

Best,

A post was merged into an existing topic: Windows 11

Is there a fix for using Pix4D Mapper on Windows 11 yet? I cannot revert to Windows10 on my work laptop. I am totally stuck!!

Yes, we have a workaround. Please see this post:

Hello All, The latest version of PIX4Dmapper 4.8.0 or newer is now compatible with Windows 11. However, you still need to disable the OneDrive backup if you are having the issue. So, if you are using windows 11, I recommend you upgrade the PIX4Dmapper software and let us know if you have any issues.

its no working for w11. it’s closing itself automactly

Did you install the preview version 4.8.0?

I have installed the preview version 4.8.0 and the app does not open. I reinstalled my PC after installation and it has not been solved.

Please help me. I have checked for updates on my PC and also installed the latest drivers for my NVIDIA card. Still not working. I have Windows 11.

Hello Jose, Are you using any antivirus? If so I would recommend you to disable it and try installing it. Can you explain in detail what is happening? If it is the issue related to Windows 11, you would be able to lunch the software and won’t be able to create a project. Are you able to open the PIX4Dmapper software? If you are not able to open PIX4Dmapper software, it might be due to the firewall or the antivirus blocking the software.
If you are getting any error messages, please send us a screenshot of it.

1 Like

I am using antivirus. I tried disabling it and installing it. The results are still the same: I am not able to lunch the software. I also tried disabling the firewall before trying to launch it. There is no error message.
I have Windows 11 Home Ver. 10.0.22000

1 Like

I just installed 4.8 preview on my computer (Windows 11) and it crashes at the choose images point every time. Brand new upgraded workstation so there’s no going backwards on Windows and too many other workflows rely on OneDrive to disable it. This issue is getting bigger by the day.

1 Like

Hello @andrew.haukaas @jose.landivarscott, I would suggest you to open the support ticket using the below link if you have a valid license so that we can collect more information and look into the issue in more detail.

Hola tengo problemas al ejecutar el pix4D mapper, cuando cargo el proyecto e inicio el primer proceso se cierra inexperadamente y no he podido usarlo, lo he intentado varias veces y sigue igual, te agradezco informacion, ya que he buscado en el foro y el el soporte y no encuentro la solucion.

Hello @oopartsas, Can you try to update your graphic card and see if that helps to solve your issue?