Windows 11

Hi,

i dont have posted in other Forum that PIX4D Forum.
I did uninstallation and installation of the drivers as described in the link, but it did not improve the situation.
Additionally, I restarted PIX4D in safe mode and it didn’t help. I can’t add / open files via explorer all the time.

Best,

Hi,
I tried to use the proposed program but it only fixes after paying 30 euro for the license. It is a bit of a lot due to the fact that I am not sure if it will work for sure. I tried to scan the scan again, fix dimp, upload the graphics card and computer drivers again and boot in safe mode. I keep getting the same problem that PIX4DMapper hangs when opening explorer. It doesn’t happen with any other program, but keeps trying to find some solution.

Best,

Hi,

I cannot know if this program will fix your issue so I agree. The only workaround I can suggest is to drag and drop the files. Otherwise, I would suggest reverting back to Windows 10.

Best,

Hello all - I have been watching this discussion as I had the same issue after upgrading to Windows 11. My only solution was to revert to Windows 10, which immediately fixed the issue.
The only thing to bear in mind is that I think Microsoft only allows you to automatically revert to Windows 10 via the ‘Windows Update’ settings for a couple of weeks. After that, I believe you need to do a clean install.

1 Like

Hi @mtaylforth,

Thanks a lot for your input!

Best,

Hi all,

The Pix4D team is working on a solution, however we don’t have a release date for it. Please follow the PIX4D Technical Release Notes page to be notified when a new version is available.

Meanwhile, to browse the files and/or save a new project, as well as to insert images to a project, please use this workaround.

You can copy/paste the directory instead of clicking on “Browse…” when creating a new project.

To insert images when creating a new project, you can drag and drop them (and avoid clicking on “Add Images…”).

Note that for the moment there is no workaround possible to insert Ground Control Points or to export an Orthoplane.

Cheers

I have Version 4.6.4 on my desktop with windows 11.
I also have Version 4.7.5 on Laptop with windows 11.

I have don’t have any issues running it on my desktop.

Opening Pix4D on my laptop it stays open and does not crash and close out if I don’t select anything, however after I click “New Project” put a project name the second I click “browse” for the “Create In” area and the file explorer comes up. The whole program crashes and closes out.

I looked online and I saw feedback about out the Dell Support Assist can cause location error issues, but I have since uninstalled that and Pix4d. After I reinstalled Pix4D I am still having the same issue.

Does any one have any feedback or solutions that I can try? Thank you for your time and help.

Hi @stacy ,

Welcome to our Community page.

Can you please have a look at the solution proposed above (latest post) from Daniele?

Best,

Thank you this was very helpful, and resolved my issues. The Microsoft One Drive “back up” was the thing that was causing the hang up. Have a great day!

I am glad it worked!
Have a nice weekend!

Best,

I had already found ways to work and model with the error, directly dragging the images. But I can’t find a way to import GCPs. The program closes immediately and I can’t find an alternative way.

Hi,

Can you please have a look at the solution suggested at this community post?

Best,

Hi,

So Pix4DMapper was working fine on a brand new Desktop PC last week, windows 11 but now freezes after displaying the Quality report after processing with GCPs, in fact the report does not even open just a white screen.

I cant go back to windows 10 as this desktop came with Windows11… so my work around is to re-open the project un-tick stage 1 and just process stages 2 & 3 and that seems to work fine, bit of a pain but its a work around.

Cheers

M

Hi Mark,

Welcome to our Community!
This does not sound like a Windows 11 issue. Could you please send us the following?

▸ The quality report (.pdf format): …\project_name\1_initial\report\project_name_report.pdf
▸ The project log file (text file): …\project_name\project_name.log

Best,

Hi Nikoleta,

Do you have an email or shall I use the link within this tread?

Just to say, I’m processing data now with no issues

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

To me, it sounds more like a hardware issue the way you described it before. Maybe lowering down a bit the processing options for larger projects could help. If you experience any further issues please upload the files to this link.

Best,

Hello Nikoleta,

same problem for me. After upgrading to Win 11, Pix4DMapper and Pix4DSurvey crashes when try to browse for an existing project.
Reversing to Win10 is not an option. Please hurry with an upgrade, for 100% compatibility with Win 11.

Hi,

May I ask if you tried disabling the Microsoft OneDrive “Desktop” Folder automatic synchronization as described here:

If yes can you please send us the log file and quality report?

Best,

Has the Windows 11 issue been fixed in pix4d? i need a new computer and its hard to find anything without it as most have windows 11 now…

Thanks
Allan

Hi @abouchard,

The only issue you could possibly have is related to OneDrive. You can overcome the issue by disabling the syncing with the “Desktop” folder as described in the Community post above:

I hope you find this helpful.

Best,

1 Like