when creating a project, the window is blank

Hi

When I try to create a new project the window is blank and I cant see anything. If I hoover the mouse I can see the folder is there

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to our community!

Are you using Pix4Dmapper? And if so, which version?

Please make sure you have the minimum hardware requirements:

Please also make sure your graphics card drivers are updated.

If the error persists, please send us a screenshot that highlights the issue so that we can better understand the case.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. The computer has the minimum hardware requirements and the graphics card drivers are up to date. What it is strange is that it only happens when I try to create a new project.
The version I have installed is V4.6.4 on Pix4Dmapper

Rgds

Ramon

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you get with starting the software.
Do you get any error messages? If so, please send us a screenshot of the error. Or a screenshot of what you see.

Could you please follow the instructions my colleague Pierangelo mentions here and let us know if the error persists?

We look forward to your response.

Hi Christina,

There is no error code displayed, it simply has a blank screen as attached. I’ll follow up with Perangelo

Rgds

Ramon

Hi @Pierangelo_Rothenbuhler

I am having issues with creating a new project in which the screen is blank and there is no error message. Jpeg attached
I use windows 10 and all drivers are updated and hardware requirements.
Have you seen it before, I don’t seem to be able to see this in any forum.
Also any suggestions?

Rgds

Ramon

Hello,
thanks for sharing the screenshot.

Are you accessing the computer remotely (via TeamViewer or other apps?)

Did you try to uninstall and install the software again as recommended in the above-mentioned post?

Hi Christina

The actual software is in my brother laptop, I logged in remotely to make sure all drivers are updated.

Yes, he uninstall the app a couple of times and had the same issue after installing it again

Rgds
Ramon

Hi Ramon,

I believe this is a hardware issue. Please log out from the laptop and login again to another machine.

Let us know if you get the same issue.

Hi Cristina

The laptop has well above the minimum computer requirements.
iCore 5 @2.53GHz, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb C: Drive

I am not convinced the reason for that bug is due to resources limitations.

Rgds

Ramon

Hi Ramon,

Please try to activate it on a new machine and let us know if the issue persists. This will help us further investigate.
Also, 4GB of RAM is the bare minimum and should be used only for very small projects of low-resolution images.

Looking forward to hearing from you

I can confirm this issue as well, with Pix4D (discovery mode), on a system with 500gb SSD, 32 CPU @ 3.5 Ghz (skylake), and Windows 10. New Project → completely blank screen.

Hi Scott,

Could you please send us a screenshot that highlights the problem?
Please make sure your GPU drivers are updated.
Are you accessing the computer remotely (via TeamViewer or other apps)?

Hi there,

I am having this issue to. I am connected to our processing computer in the office remotely from home. Specs
The GPU on the computer is a GTX 1080, so more than enough to run the program.

Hi,

Welcome to the Pix4D Community!
Could you please check if the drivers of your GTX 1080 are up to date? In some circumstances, this can cause some issues. If necessary, please download the relative driver from here Official Drivers | NVIDIA.
Let me know if this helps to solve your issue.

Cheers

I am having the exact same issues. Blank New Project Screen. It ran fine yesterday when I was onsite. I have run it historically via Remote Desktop when I am not onsite. No issues until today. Remote Desktop in, Create new Project. New project screen blank. I have tested on three different laptops, all of which far exceed the minimum requirements, and all of which are up to date for drivers, etc. This is frustrating to say the least, since it appears to have happened immediately after the software updated.

It is definitely an issue (at least for me) with the update to version 4.6.4. I rolled the install back to an earlier version and I am having no issues now. That said - the need to roll back to earlier versions in order to use the software ( I have verified that ALL drivers are up to date) represents an issue that should be addressed.

Hi,

Have in mind we do not test Pix4DMapper for remote access, and thus we do not officially support it.
For more information have a look at this article:

Best,

for everyone who still has the problem, the same thing happened to me with both an older version and the latest version, the strange thing was that I had already used the program without any problem and after solving it I realized that the problems started when make two changes… first change the project folder from C (where windows is) to D… there when I started a new project after loading the photos it gave a black screen… and then when I did the new installation install in D direct the program and when starting a new project it gave me a black screen… solution I left everything in C I did not change anything in the installation and everything worked again without problems…

Hello,
I have the same issue as most others in this thread. I’m remotely accessing my uni’s processing computer (AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor with 4GHz, 128GB RAM, with a 64-bit operating system running Windows 10) and cannot create a new project. Nothing but a blank screen pops up. Since I haven’t run any projects on the computer yet, I can’t use the software at all right now. Driver is up to date, have logged off and on to no avail. Am running things in C, not D, so the newest described fix sadly doesn’t help either. I am still using a trial version (4.7.5) at the moment (was planning to buy) and thus cannot roll back to older versions. All this is not an issue when I run the software locally, where everything works fine albeit it taking ages and blocking up all my laptop’s resources. So I would really appreciate help in running things remotely so I can actually use the software properly. Thanks!