Suggested Laptop for processing average of 1000 image jobs?

Suggestions?

Don’t have a brand suggestion, but look for a gaming laptop with a 30-series nvidia GPU, Ryzen 5000 series CPU, 64GB memory, 2tb nvme SSD.

Hi @jlmitchell42,

Please understand that I can’t suggest any specific brand.

If you haven’t yet, I suggest taking a look at the PIX4Dmapper computer requirements page:

This is what we recommend for large and very large projects.

• Large projects (over 500- 1000 images at 14 MP): 32 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD Free Space.
  • Very Large projects (1000 - 2000 images at 14 MP): 64 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD Free Space.

So Windows 11 is supported now?

Hi @jlmitchell42

I am afraid to say that Windows 11 is still not supported.

However, this is only for PIX4Dmapper. PIX4Dmatic, PIX4Dsurvey, PIX4Dfields, and PIX4Dreacts all support Windows 11.

For more information:
Recommended hardware - PIX4Dmatic
Recommended hardware - PIX4Dsurvey
Computer requirements - PIX4Dfields
Computer requirements - PIX4Dreact

Sincerely,
Rosana (she/her)

@Rosana_Lin another user said they are using Mapper with 11 Pro. Will you verify?

Hi @jlmitchell42,

Yes, Windows 11 is still not a supported OS for PIX4Dmapper.
However, this does not mean that it does not work at all.

Many users reported good experience using Windows 11, while others have issues when OneDrive syncing the Desktop folder. In this case, disable the sync of that folder. You can find more information here:

Also, because it is not supported, you may encounter some malfunctions that are not known/documented yet. Therefore I wouldn’t suggest using Windows 11 for production work unless you have a backup computer with Windows 10 that you can use in case of malfunction in the Win11 device. This will allow you to deliver your results on time.

I’m sorry I couldn’t give a better answer; I hope this is still helpful.

Let me know what you think and if you are getting good results.
Happy mapping

@Daniele_Lecci I am looking to purchase a machine and have concerns since most are sold with Windows 11. Any idea when issues will be fixed?

Hi @jlmitchell42,

Thank you for your message. I fully understand your concerns.
Unfortunately, I can’t provide you with a date for the fix.