Pix4Dcapture on DJI CrystalSky

Any chance you guys will support DJI’s Crystal sky?

1 Like

Hi Cesar,

As far as I know, it is an integrated monitor and does not allow the installation of any third party applications.

Cheers,

Ina

Hi Ina,
No, actually there is s version wich is not integrated, that DJI currently opened up for 3rd party apps.
These are stand alone monitors.
It would be great to use that instead of a phone.

As you mentioned, with the latest Crystal Sky controller firmware (V02.04.02.00), DJI removed the restriction on the third-party apps so you might be able to install Pix4Dcapture app on it.

However, we did not try it and therefore not able to provide additional information on this topic. 

Maybe some users can give additional feedback if they tried it (,

Best,

I have the device and I am willing to try it, if I can find a way to install it.

Seems to work ok apart from the speed control doesn’t work with M210

@Nigel, this will be fixed in the next release; reducing the speed slider should always result in a lower speed except, perhaps, if the drone autopilot is not capable of flying slower.

Hi Pix 4D, do we have any confirmed reports that your software works with the Crystal sky monitors?

Many thanks.

Yes I’ve used it

1 Like

Amazing! thanks Nigel! I’ll give it a try :slight_smile: miles better than using a tablet.

Care to share how you installed it on the Crystal Sky?

@Nigel, since we do not have the Crystal Sky controller in the office we can not test it and provide official instructions on how to install it for our users.

We would appreciate if you could post some tips how were you able to install and use Pix4Dcapture on the Crystal Sky controller. If the procedure is very straightforward we might consider adding official instruction on our knowledge base.

Best,

I figured it out, it is very straightforward. All you need to do is use APKPURE.COM to download the Pix4DCapture APK and the CTRL+DJI APK.  Then, find the APK’s in your downloads folder and install them.  When you boot up the RC with Crystal Sky, it will prompt you which app you want to use…just select Pix4DCapture and you are all set.

Sorry for the delay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8Fu5Mr-JI 

1 Like

In the video above, I could see when video turned to desktop screen. Is it available only Mac?

Haven’t tried that method. I used the CrystalSky (Android). 

@Nigel,

When I tried to install pix4d capture and ctrl+DJI, there are message “this is not authorized by DJI, so cannot be installed.” (not exactly same sentence but similar.)

Could you please advise me what I miss something else?

What method did you try?

I used the browser to search for APK pure.

Installed that then searched in APK pure for Pix4d then installed from there.

IIRC you need to look in downloads to install

I had no problem installing on the CrystalSky. I did not see the background maps load for flight planning. Anyone else that is using Capture on the CS get the satellite maps for flight planning?

I had no problem installing on the CrystalSky. The app seemed to work, but I did not fly with it as I did not see the background maps load for flight planning. The Capture app uses the same map service that Go4 does.  Anyone else that is using Capture on the CS get the satellite maps for flight planning?