DJI Matrice 210 RTK

@Jan and Benjamin, our latest understanding is that DJI’s M210 RTK does not report an RTK-grade coordinate position of the camera in the metadata of each image. I anticipate that the most likely reason the image’s metadata does not report a coordinate measurement that is RTK-grade is that the drone must accurately account for the offset, or lever-arm, between the RTK GPS’ measured position and the position of the camera, which is hanging below the drone on a stabilized gimbal.

I have spoken with a handful of people who have experience with DJI’s M210 RTK, and they have each reported that their images’ geotags were not as accurate as what would they expected if the RTK GPS was measuring the camera’s position.

You can test the consistency of your DJI M210 RTK geotags by creating a Pix4D project that includes a handful of RTK-grade, or similar, ground control points. The Absolute Geolocation Variance and Relative Geolocation Variance section of the Quality Report will give you a basic idea of how well the image’s initial position, according to the coordinates in the images’ metadata, aligns with the images’ computed position that Pix4D computes according to your project’s ground control points.

@Karsten, you are correct that Pix4Dcapture does not support DJI’s dual downward-facing gimbal at this time. You can stay up to date about the status of dual downward-facing gimbal support in Pix4Dcapture on this post: DJI M210/M210(RTK) Dual Gimbal Support

@Brad, Pix4Dcapture is not officially supported on DJI’s CrystalSky at this time, so I recommend that you consider taking advantage of your mobile iOS device. I see that you have already found the corresponding post on our Community so you can stay informed about the status of Pix4Dcapture support on DJI’s CrystalSky.

@All, if you would like to stay up to date about Pix4Dcapture support on DJI’s CrystalSky, or contribute to the discussion, you can follow this post: Pix4Dcapture on DJI CrystalSky