New DJI Smart Controller

Hi,

I am having connection issues with Ctrl+DJI and the new DJI Smart Controller. In fact I cannot connect at all. I’m using the latest apk’s. Is this a known issue?

B

4 Likes

Hi Brett,

The DJI smart controller is very new on the market and then we have not tested its compatibility with Pix4Dcapture. For now, we will evaluate if it currently possible to support this new controller with our app. In the meantime, I will share your interest with the developer’s team.

Best,

2 Likes

Thanks Gael.
This controller is aimed at the enterprise customer for Mavic 2 and Mavic Enterprise. Would be advantageous for Pix4D to support.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi.

Also got a smart controller and it will not connect to the mavic 2 pro through pix4dcapture app.

Regards,

Please make it available for the smart controller!

Regards,

1 Like

Hi all,

From the DJI official website, the smart controller is open to third-party applications, then we can not see any reasons why it does not work. However, we have not been able to test the Smart controller with our application at the moment and all your feedback have been shared with the developer’s team and PO.

When you tested Pix4Dcapture on the Smart Controller, were you updated with the latest drone firmware and latest APKs of our applications?
What is the specific issue that you encounter? No connection can be established with the drone when running Ctrl+DJI and Pix4Dcapture? Were you testing it with the Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 2 Zoom?

Thank you,

Latest firmware and APKs.

Mavic 2 Pro

Same issue with mavic pro2

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback, I will report them.

Best,

Any word on compatibility with the Smart Controller yet? Just gearing up for a season of mapping, need to see if I have to adjust my workflow away from the Smart Controller to use Pix4D.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like any 3rd party apps can connect from the smart controller a.t.m.

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem as you Mats.

How can I fix this problem.

thx

bernie

Hi Bernie, 

The DJI smart controller is very new on the market, and we have not tested its compatibility with Pix4Dcapture. From the other user feedback, it looks like they were not able to connect using the DJI smart controller and it seems like there is an issue. For now, the interest has already been shared with the developer’s team, and I would recommend you to follow this post for any future updates.

Buonasera anche io ho provato in tutti i modi quindi mi accodo a tutti gli altri commenti in attesa spero celere del problema…

Pure io ho lo stesso problema con il Dji Smart Controller. Quando verrà risolto? Penso che sia abbastanza semplice permettere di farlo “girare” all’interno del dispositivo.

Speriamo che sia Dji che Pix4D risolvano la questione.

Saluti.

Raffaele

Mi unisco alle richieste,

abbiamo la licenza di pix4d-mapper e possediamo il drone DJI-mavic2pro con Smart Controller, attendiamo fiduciosi la possibilità di utilizzare il pix4d capture sullo smart controller

grazie e cordiali saluti - Giovanni 

Pix4D, can you please get this working. The remote works fine with the APKs for Pix4d Capture and CTRL+DJI, however it will not connect to the drone.

Hi, Same problem with Pix4D and smart controller. Do you have news about it ?

Hi all,

The status from our side did not change as we do not own the Smart controller at the moment. Be reassured that your interest has been shared with the developer’s team and product owner.

Best,

This issue is getting frustrating, when you contact DJI, they claim it is a Pix4D issue and there is nothing they can do about it. When you contact Pix4D they claim it is a DJI issue and there is nothing they can do about it. You would think two larger companies in the UAV community would have lines of communication with each other to work through known issues, to benefit the professionals who use their equipment, instead of just pointing fingers at each other. Over three months now and no solution from either company…

1 Like