Google tiles viewing

I have a number of projects where I have created a KML and google tiles.

Within the generated files is a useful .html file that loads up the tiles and displays the map.

When viewing this it doesnt seem possible to zoom in enough to see the detail of the othomosaic. Rather the zoom stops when you get to a specific point. From reading around, most google map data only goes to a zoom level of 22… Is it possible to tweak the HTML file somehow so that it IS possible to zoom deeper into the ortho tiles?

I have tried changing the MapMinZoom variable but this doesnt seem to fix the issue.

Anyone have any cunning ideas?

Hi Tegwin,

Predefined zoom levels are exported when the .kml tiles are generated by Pix4D Desktop. It would be needed to generate higher zoom level tiles. We can report this suggestion to our product managers.

Hi. It’s such a good way of previewing orthos and quickly sharing them online it would be amazing to be able to zoom in closer. Please do Put this to your product managers.

Will do! Thanks for your feedback!

Hi,

Has any progress been made on this topic? 

Hello everyone,

There has been no development related to the zoom level of Google tiles. 

Our team has focused on our Cloud Services that can be used for online visualization and sharing. I would recommend you to have a look at our Cloud product that permits measurements, annotations, overlay of outputs, etc:

Cloud - example dataset

Let us know if this covers better your needs or there is still need for improving the Google tiles.

Your input is very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Its a shame that focus has been placed on the cloud product… For two reasons…

1. Most of my clients explicitly will NOT allow images to be uploaded into a cloud system.

2. Given the size and complexity of some of my data sets the cloud solution simply doesn’t work as well as the desktop version.

Hi Jones,

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.

I understand your concerns, especially about privacy. I took note of it!

Regarding complex datasets, you can always process locally (processing locally gives you, indeed, more control) and then upload to the cloud for sharing.

I would also like some more information on this as it’s incredibly difficult to share orthomosaics for large projects, tiles work well but it’s not great having the “development only” google overlay. Pix4DCloud isn’t always the practical for the reasons mentioned above but also the cost of Pix4d Cloud, is extremely high for what I need, i.e. easy way to share files with clients, not the other aspects.

Hi @mikeg,

Regarding the limitation of Pix4Dcloud with big files, we are already working on improvements into this direction and we hope to make them available to our users soon.

Regarding data security on Pix4Dcloud, this is what we currently offer: How secure is Pix4Dcloud. But I understand a cloud solution might not fit all end-users’ needs.