Google Tiles KML is blank

Upon selecting the option to create google tiles and a kml of the orthomosaic, I have found that my KML file is blank. I have tried opening in Earth, Global Mapper, and QGIS and there is no image information in the file. The html file does have image information and opens properly in google maps.

Has anyone run into this before? It doesn’t seem like the kml file is actually blank at its 2KB, but I cannot get it to display anything in any of the above programs. Any info or insight is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi

May I ask if there was any modification to the project folder?

You can open the KML file by double-clicking on it within the project folder
…\project_name\3_dsm_ortho\2_mosaic\google_tiles\project_name_mosaic

Please do not remove the file from this folder, as Google Earth needs all files that exist in this folder in order to open the KML file correctly. GoogleEarth needs the zoom levels folders that you can find in the folder: …\project_name\3_dsm_ortho\2_mosaic\google_tiles

Other solutions include:

• Please ensure the GPU driver is updated to prevent visualization issues.
    For more info: How to update the driver for an NVIDIA graphics card - PIX4Dmapper
  • Please ensure the project folder is saved on a local drive (usually C:/ or D:/), not on an external drive or a network drive (i.e. Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, etc)
  • Please also make sure you have the latest GoogleEarth version installed.

If one of the solutions helps, could you please share it with us.

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Rosana (she/her)