DJI Phantom 4 pro Support

Hi,

is the new “Phantom 4 pro” compatible with Pix4Dcapture like the “normal”

Phantom 4?

Chris

Hi Christian,

The DJI Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 have just been released.

It is in our pipeline to have them in our list of supported drones with Pix4Dcapture, however, we are not able to give a timeline for this integration. What we can tell so far, is that the app could be compatible before we can do extensive testing with these drones.

Our coming new Android and iOS versions (by the end of November probably) will use DJI SDK 3.4 and we expect that selecting the drone Phantom 4 or Inspire 1 should make flight missions successful.

In case you will have the chance to test, we will be glad to read your feedback and learn about your experience.

Regards,

Hello,

Are there any updates on this matter? Has Pix4D capture been tested on the P4P at all?

Regards,

Nick

Hi,

i have tesetd it yesterday, the Phantom 4 pro is not compatible with Pix4Dcapture in the moment.
I hope there will be a Pix4DCapture update soon. The new P4pro camera looks promising!

Best Regards,

Christian

Hi,

the Mavic update did not the trick for the Phantom 4 pro :slight_smile:

Regards

Chris

Still no luck using the capture app with the new P4P. Anyone have another app for flight planning the P4P or a work around?

I’m with Jordan…when will capture app work with P4P?   Is there an alternative (competitor) app that will work?

Obviously, I like the CaptureApp, and I’m positive it will be supported in the coming weeks, but I need something in the meantime to deliver the best possible product to our clients.

Jordan - have you found a work around for running a grid mission on the P4P?

Gary… I have not. I reverted to our P3A until either our M600P gets here or there is a functioning flight planner for the P4P

We are a DJI Dealer in Canada.  I have spoken to DJI Shenzhen.  They tell me that DJI Mobile SDK 3.5 has been released and is available for download by 3rd.party software developers.  They indicated that V3.5 is set up for P4Pro, Mavic, Matrice 600 and Matrice600Pro.

If you need a copy, I can send you a link to download.

I will check back in a day or two.

DataMapper InFlight (Android App) is out with a Phantom 4 Pro compatible Release Version 1.2.2 from 21.12.2016 (Sorry Pix4D).

Due to bad weather conditions, i could not test the functionality yet.

Whish a very nice Christmas and a happy new Year 2017

Chris

Thanks Christian.  I also found that Maps Made Easy and Altizure apps are also compatible with P4P as of yesterday.  Still waiting on Pix4d Capture.

Thanks Chris! 

Apple App Store submissions are closing tomorrow for a week, really hoping for an updated Capture for iOS, but it is looking to be for 2017! :pensive:

“The busiest season on the App Store is almost here. Make sure your apps are up-to-date and ready for the winter holidays. New apps and app updates will not be accepted December 23 to 27 (Pacific Time), so any releases should be submitted, approved, and scheduled in advance. Other iTunes Connect and developer account features will remain available.”

Hi all,

To clarify the situation, the SDK 3.4 is not supporting the Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 so the current apps cannot fly these drones.

The new DJI SDK 3.5, which supports Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2, has just been released by DJI. We will work on it as soon as we have the drones in our office. We might have the Phantom 4 Pro first. If we receive it soon, we could support it mid-January on Android and a bit later on iOS (rough estimation). For the inspire 2, currently it is in pre-order so we do not know exactly when we will get it.

Regards,

Great news!

Hi,

checked the Capture Version 3.5.1 from 28.12.2016 (Android).

Everything in Capture prefligth check looks  fine and Ctrl+DJI shows Phantom 4 pro as
the connected drone with correct sensor values shown.

Did you recommend to fly with Capture and Pahntom 4 pro? You did not mention the p4p
compatibility in the AppStore description?

By the way "DataMapper InFlight " works fine with Phantom 4 pro, no Problems during flight
and data capture (great succes with the new p4p camera, the camera is way better then any other
Phantom camera before), but i prefer to fly with Pix4D in context to the workflow with Pix4DMapper pro.

Regards

Hi Christian-

Did you test you P4P with Capture Version 3.5.1?  If so, did everything work ok?

Or are you waiting for a response from Pix4D on support of P4P before trying it?

-Gary

Hi Gary,

did not test it yet, still waiting for a response from Pix4D.

Chris