DJI Phantom 4 pro Support

DJI has release their own waypoint software:  http://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro

Though it states support for P4P and Inspire2 is “coming soon”.

Hi Christian,

The app release that happened end of December was fixing some bugs, it is not a major release.
Actually the new supporting P4P will not come before mid-January.

Regards,

Thanks Manuel,

I’ll check it out.  Would be great if the new DJI GSP app works as well as Capture.

Gary

Chris, 

I’m not having any luck with the DataMapper InFlight application. When I try to connect it says “waiting on firmware” and is never green. Are you experiencing the same thing?

Thanks,

Jordan

One feature that I really like in DJI GSP is the ability save flight plans, besides that feature I believe Pix4Dcapture meets all my needs.

Anders,

The Pix4Dcapture app does allow the user to save flight plans. There is a save button right above the start button after a flight has been planned.

Thanks,

Jordan

Jordan,

that is true, i’ve got the same warning with “waiting on firmware”. To check out if the p4p still reacts correct, i did a takof test without props.
After that ends successfully (clearly not taking of without props :wink: i tryed a 8 ha mission over a landfill, which ends after 17min without a problem. 

Try it on your own risk, in my case everything went fine.

Regards,

Chris

Awesome!

Thanks again Chris.

Hi Christian,

Did you expect any problems with data treatment in Mapperpro after using Data Mapper inflight app?

I can’t wait anymore on pix4dcapture so i want to give it a try. Furthermore, Data Mapper allows to use polygons instead of rectangles when you draw the survey area.

Hi Allan,

i have had no problems prozessing the data in Pix4Dmapper Pro.
The only thing  to mention is, that the distance between photos in the
flight direction (front overlap) wasen’t as constant as expected, but i set the
front Overlap to 80% so that this inequality dosen’t matter.

In deed DattaMapper allows polygons, this is a very cool option to save flighttime.
I wish Pix4D will integrate Polygons too.

Regards,

Thanks for your quick answer!

Now Pix4D capture is available for the Phantom 4 Pro! I will give a try to both app’s for data acquisition.

I hope for the polygons too.

Have a nice day

Thank’s for the info, i will test the new Pix4D capture it as soon as possible!

I just downloaded the Pix4Dcapture app and I only see an option for the Phantom 4, will this work with the Phantom 4 Pro as well?

Do you use Android or IOS?

I think only Android suports Pahntom 4 pro in the Moment (Version 3.6.1 from 30.01.2017).

… and the Android Version does the job for the Pahntom 4 pro very well!

I have an apple device, so maybe that is why I am not seeing it listed. Any idea when the apple version will get released? 

@cristian, @alann

We are glad to announce that the polygon mission is now available on the iOS version of the app. For more information please check: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001482703 

If you are flying with Pix4Dcapture on Android, this article will probably help: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/217511126
There is no specific polygon flight option, but this is a temporary workaround. Rest assured that our developers are currently working on the polygonal flight that is a top priority. We totally understand the need of the users.

@matt:

Phantom 4 Pro is compatible with both Android and iOS version of the app. Please make sure that you have the latest version installed on your device. You can find more about the compatibility with the app here: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/203991609

Regards,

Hi There,

When will Pix4D Capture app allow for multiple battery swaps for larger missions?  Also, is it possible to show an up to date number of images that have been taken during the flight or counter? 

@Thomas

Multi-battery flights are already available on the Android version. We are already considering to implement it on iOS. It might be ready end of August. 

It is possible to see the final number of taken images in the Mission Manager. There is no option to see the number of taken images during the mission in real time. 

best,

1 Like

qualcuno può aiutarmi?il mio phantom 4pro non si collega alla app pix4dcapture…aiuto…grazie