Zenmuse P1 - Orientation Values

when to calibrate zenmuse p1 camera to pix4d ?

@Beata any news on the camera calibration database update for the P1 Camera?
Thanks in advance.

Hi everybody,

Our great apologies for keeping you waiting.

We are still working on this matter. As soon as we add this camera to our database, we will inform you here about it.

The processing should work fine for those users who have the Pix4Dmatic license.

Thank you for your patience

Any updates/timeline for incorporating the P1 into Mapper?

Hi,

Please follow our Pix4Dmapper preview and technical release notes we should update it soon.

Thank you for your patience so far.

Hi

I just wanted you to know that yesterday we released a new Pix4Dmapper Preview 4.7.1 with DJI Zenmuse P1 support. Download the latest version.

Regards!

1 Like

I know it is just the preview, but we downloaded the update to try with our Zenmuse P1 with no luck. The images are coming in uncalibrated. We are unable to get any data out of our flight.

2 Likes

Hi @eric.gonzalez,

In this case, please submit a request to Pix4D Support. Please don’t forget to attach the Quality Report. Thank you!

Regards

Hi, I have the same problem as @eric.gonzalez. I have tried different overlaps, speeds and flight height … and I have not been able to get a proper match. :worried:

Hi @aer,

Please try to follow the workflow described in this post: Reverse Caribrated Camera (Blue Line), Zenmuse P1. It should help you with your project.

Regards

Hi @beata, @eric.gonzalez (and @seiichi_takayama). DJI had already found the problem and are working on an optimization on the next firmware… we must have patience.

2 Likes

Hi @aer , Thank you your feedback.
I’m happy to hear that, I’m looking for this issue solved soon by DJI.

Hi all,

I just wanted you to know that yesterday we released a new Pix4Dmapper Preview 4.7.3 where DJI Zenmuse P1 camera orientation issue is fixed. Download the latest version .

Regards!

1 Like

Dear @Nikoleta_Dimopoulou

Thank you your information.
I try PIX4Dmapper version 4.7.3, it works!

Best regards.

Dear Seiichi,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Best,

1 Like

Helo @Nikoleta_Dimopoulou, @seiichi_takayama. @james.pick and all. It has also worked for me. I selected Geometrically Verified Matching (internal parameters All Prior), and the calibration was 98%.

Attached the report for Rapid (scale 0.125)

RDE - P1 - 1005_2021_report.pdf (1.9 MB)

Thank you all for your contributions

1 Like

It would appear it still struggles with the “Smart Oblique” functon used on the M300 to capture forward/rear/left/right photos simultaneously. We’ve tried processing this using the suggested Geometrically Verified process as above as well as on our “standard” settings but get the same poor calibration results.
The images that are no calibrated seem mostly to be the left/right facing oblique imagery rather than the forward/rear facing images. This may be down to us using the “aerial grid” option in initial step 1. i could choose the “free flight” however I would imagine this may push the processing time significantly more and there is no time for us to test this.
Any further comment/insight would be useful here…

Hi Ross,

Your issue does not seem to be related to the orientation values. It looks like the images do not calibrate. Could you please send us the following?

▸ The quality report (.pdf format): …\project_name\1_initial\report\project_name_report.pdf
▸ The project log file (text file): …\project_name\project_name.log
▸ The project file (.p4d): …\project_name.p4d

Best,

@Nikoleta_Dimopoulou here you go…

DWH - Thornton 20210906 Smart Oblique_report.pdf (201.1 KB)
DWH - Thornton 20210906 Smart Oblique.log (3.9 MB)
DWH - Thornton 20210906 Smart Oblique.p4d (640.0 KB)

Hi Ross,

Thank you for this question.

There are a couple points from the quality report that should be addressed. Do you intend to use the GCP’s as checkpoints, or would you like to georeference the model? If georeferenced, they need to be selected as GCP’s

• Delete/check GCP-3 as the values appear incorrect.

You may find How to add / import GCPs in the GCP/MTP Manager helpful .

What are you trying to capture? I wonder if there are large bodies of water, reflective surfaces, vegitation, etc. It would be helpful to see an orthomosaic of the subject matter as well. Can you please process using the following parameters:

• Check Generate Orthomosaic Preview in Quality report.

• “Standard” Calibration Method instead of “Accurate Geolocation and Orientation”

All you need to process is the 1. Initial processing step.

After the initial process if the issue persists, can you please send the Quality report.

Thank you!

Jonathan