Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K and Pix4Dcapture

I am trying to use xiaomi mi 4k for mapping only the application is not compatible. Does anyone else have this drone?

1 Like

Hi Marcos,

You are right that the latest version Pix4Dcapture does not support you Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K.

If you would like Pix4Dcapture to support your Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K, please contact Xioami to let them know that you are interested in flying your drone with third-party applications. Pix4Dcapture relies on each drone manufacturer’s software development kit to upload waypoints and trigger the camera, but my understanding is that Xiaomi has not released an SDK for your drone.

We will reconsider supporting Xioami drones as part of the ongoing development of Pix4Dcapture when Xiaomi releases an SDK for third-party applications.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

We want to use xiaomi mi 4k for mapping only the application.

Hi Cemil,

Thank you for your interest in our application. 
As far as we know and from Andrew’s comment above, Xiaomi has not released an SDK for this drone and then it is impossible to develop a support for it with a third-party app like Pix4Dcapture.

If an SDK is released by Xiaomi, we will evaluate to support this drone with Pix4Dcapture.

Best,

Hi,

Is there any progress for the Xiaomi drones to be able to use Pix4Dcapture.

Regards.

Hello Schalk,

We have no updates concerning the Xiaomi drone at the moment.
Be reassured that we will communicate here as often as necessary about it.

Best

I want to doing map photogrammetry for xiaomi drones
please help me!

Hello,
I am a Civil Engineer and I have two Xiaomi\Fimi drones (Mi Drone 4k and a Fimi X8 SE). I would like to use them for some drone mapping.

Following your advice I wrote an email to FIMI support (https://www.fimi.com/contact/index/) asking for the release of an SDK.

I will post here their reply.

In the meanwhile, given that they are very popular as an alternative to Dji drones, I suggest you to contact them directly. Your direct request will have a greater appeal than mine and will speed up communication

Regards

1 Like

Hi Charles,

Keep us updated with their answer. Note that even if they release an SDK that would enable a third-party application to support those drones, it is not sure that we will develop support for them. It will need to be evaluated by our team first before taking a decision.

In the meantime, to make automated flight plans and image acquisition using Pix4Dcapture, I suggest you to take a look at oursupported drones and cameras.

Best,

Hello!
No news about fimi x8 SDK?
THX!

1 Like

No news for fimi x8? Incredibile

Hi All,

There has been no update from the developer at this time regarding supporting the Xiaomi Mi Drone. It is not yet in our timeline to support it. However, your interest has been shared with the developer’s team and any update will be published at our Pix4Dcapture supported drone and camera page.

Regards

Bad news from Fimi support:

Amy

2019-12-30 11:05

Sorry, i’m afraid it’s not available at present.

The SDK is not pananed to be released

Nothing to do

Amy

2020-05-14 09:53

Hi,

Sorry,

The X8 SE app doesn’t support the 3rd parties applications.

Best regards,

Guten Abend,

auf der Seite findet man alle Daten, die man für eine Integration der Software für die X8 braucht
mit freundlichen grüßen

Björn

I just ordered the fimi x8 se 2020, i hope we get some apps on mapping. Do we have any news?