DJI Mavic 3 and Pix4Dcapture app Support

With the release of DJI Mavic 3, when would pix4dcapture support it for flight planning?

3 Likes

At the moment, we don’t support DJI Mavic 3 and don’t have any plan to support it. Apologies for the inconvenience. If things change, it will be posted on our Pix4Dcapture supported drone and camera page, here.

Please keep in mind that PIX4Dmapper can process images taken from virtually any application as long as they are of good quality and overlap. For more information: Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?.

Kind regards,

1 Like

Hi Yuka,
I am asking for the same if there is any update, I guess there will be more and more Mavic 3 coming in the next month so it would be great to have access to pix4d mapping app with the M3, thank you !

Unfortunately, it is not supported; however, I passed your request to our team. We will update the document once it is supported. Thank you for your request.

Kind regards,

Please Support the Mavic3, it is the only good Drone for now wich may get a C1 certification and for our Team the only Drone so wich makes sense. You support the mini and don´t want to support the mavic??
I know we can shoot the fotos with another app but I like your app and it is one reason i bought the Mapper software. It is easy to use with good results, that´s very important for us.

Kind regards

4 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. I will make sure your feedback is passed to our team and evaluated for further development.

Kind regards,

hey,
i have bought dji mavic3 and need to have it because of quality of camera sensors for mapping.
please support mavic 3 then i will buy the pro ver.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting your request. Unfortunately, at this point, we don’t have any plan to add it to the list of the supported drones. As Mavic 3 is fairly a new drone so the camera model is not added to our database, but you can still process the data captured from the Mavic 3 drone.

Pix4D’s software is image acquisition app agnostic. That means Pix4Dmapper, Pix4Dcloud, Pix4Dmatic, Pix4Dreact, and Pix4Dfields can process images taken virtually from any application as long as they are of good quality and overlap.For more information, please go to Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?

Kind regards,

Yuka,

The Mavic 3 is not supported by any of those pieces of software you have provided

Are you aware if or any software exists that is compatible with the Mavic 3?

Any update when Mavic 3 will be supported?

Hello All,

At the moment, we don’t have any plan to support DJI Mavic 3 with the Pix4Dcapture app, if things change we will post it on our Pix4Dcapture supported drone and camera page. So, I would recommend you to follow the below page,

If you are referring to photogrammetry software then as @Yuka said, Pix4D’s software is image acquisition app agnostic. That means Pix4Dmapper, Pix4Dcloud, Pix4Dmatic, Pix4Dreact, and Pix4Dfields can process images taken virtually from any application as long as they are of good quality and overlap.For more information, please go to Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?

Dear sirs,

I recently bought DJI Mavic 3 since my previous drone Mavic 2 pro fall down and lost.
However, I found out PIX4DCAPTURE which I used to operate the route flying is not supported for Mavic 3
So you gentlemens dont have any plan to support it for Mavic 3, by then, any alternative app to use instead of PIX4DCAPTURE?

Your soonest reply would be much appreciated to me

Thanks and regards,

Dear @jwjung3 ,

PIX4D processing software is image acquisition app agnostic and there are plenty of alternatives.

Here is a link with useful information:

Best regards

Hi
I have just purchased a DJI Mavic 3 and was wondering if the PIX4Dcapture app is compatible for it.
I only see the option for the Mavic 2 and other models not the 3
Thanks

Unfortunately, at this point, Mavic 3 is not compatible with PIX4Dcapture; however, please note that Pix4D’s software is image acquisition app agnostic. That means Pix4Dmapper, Pix4Dcloud, Pix4Dmatic, Pix4Dreact, and Pix4Dfields can process images taken virtually from any application as long as they are of good quality and overlap. For more information, please go to Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?

Kind regards,

Unfortunately, the best I can tell is that there is no photo acquisition app available for any of DJI’s newer drones (Mavic 3, Air 2S, etc). This likely is because DJI had not released an SDK for their new products. DJI did just release the Android SDK for the Air 2S and Mini 2 and hopefully they release the iOS version soon. The Mavic 3 SDK is not out and who knows how long it may be.

I am a big fan of Pix4d Capture and I had feared that Pix4d was phasing out support for it since they only seem to post vague answers like the above. Hopefully now that the new SDKs are out, we may see an update to Capture in the near future.

Regards,
Troy Kranz

1 Like

Quanto a possibilidade para elaboração de PLANO DE VOO para o MAVIC 3? Alguma previsão?

Dear sirs,

I’d like to know when Mavic 3 support available with this app… I’m so frustrated when I notice this application is not support with my new drone which I bought without knowing this…

Anyone know alternative app other than this please let me know I need route flying function…

Thanks and regards,

1 Like

Awe man I got the mavic 3 in hopes that it would be compatible with this app considering DJI didn’t have anything else instock that is compatible. I pray that they do an update soon.

1 Like

Pix4Dcapture used to be the best application for mapping missions, but its lack of support for current sUAVs has regrettably turned Pix4Dcapture into the most impotent application for mission planning. PLEASE don’t abandon development of this application.

2 Likes