DJI Mavic 3 and Pix4Dcapture app Support

Your chart is a perfect demonstration of the lack of continued support Pix4d Capture has received. That app is (was) one of the best selling points for the Pix4d system for me.

Truthfully, DJI is partly to blame since they have taken so long to put out SDKs for their aircraft. That has changed recently for many of the aircraft so I am still holding out hope Pix4d Capture may be updated at some point to support a drone you can actually buy…

Hello All, I would recommend you to go through the below community post,

It looks like Pix4DScan also doesn’t support the new drones, like the Mavic 3 or Air2S. So if the Next Gen Pix4DCapture is based on this version, is it safe to assume it will also not support any modern drones that have been made in the last few years?

I can’t even find a Mavic Pro 2 in stock, as it’s being phased out. The support for this app is terrible. The drones avialable for purchase that are also supported were all released years ago (i.e. Phantom 4 released in 2014, the Inspire’s were also released in 2014)

1 Like

Still no support for the DJI Mavic 3!? Would think about buying license, but without support of SOTA drones, it makes no so much sense. Are there any plans, when new drones will be supported!???

Hello @andreas.klos, PIX4Dmapper, PIX4Dcloud, PIX4Dinspect, PIX4Dmatic, PIX4Dreact, and PIX4Dfields can process images taken virtually from any image acquisition app even if PIX4Dscan or PIX4Dcapture don’t support the drone. If PIX4Dcapture doesn’t support the drone you can use any image acquisition app and process the data using our photogrammetry software. For more information see which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?

@Kapil_Khanal Thanks for your fast response. Is there any image acquisition app out in the wild supporting flight planning (e.g. grids) for dji mavic 3? Didn’t find anything useful… Read that it’s a problem caused by dji’s sdk, which misses support for the dji mavic 3. Is that the reason, pix4d still does not offer flight planning support for the aforementioned drone?

Good afternoon friends everywhere, may God always bless you

I need information whether the PIX4D Capture app for MAVICK 3 is available

I really need this information

Thank you for all the information I was expecting

Thank you very much & GBU

Hello all friends. I am very disappointed because I have bought a Mavic 3 to support my work in mapping, I have tried to find info with several colleagues, but there is still no support for mapping applications using the Mavic 3.

how long is the application that can support the mavic 3

good health everyone and GBU

Hi all,

As long as DJI does not release the Mavic 3 SDK, there will be no 3rd party mission planning app supporting it. And rumors say that maybe they will not release it. Let​:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: us cross our fingers and hope that they release it before year end…

I second Laggner Pix4D Team. Very much needed and I rather use the native Capture utility on either iOS or Android rather than other utilities. PLEASE.

And YES we are praying for that. The roomer is they will soon since there is a lot of pressure on them.

Hello @e_matevosian, DJI Mavic 3 is supported in our photogrammetry software, such as PIX4Dmapper, PIX4Dmatic, and so on. Regarding the image acquisition app, at the moment, we don’t have any plan to support it until the DJI releases the SDK of the drone so that we can look into the possibility. So, if something changes, we will post it on our supported camera and drone page for PIX4Dcapture or PIX4Dscan app.

1 Like

So what sens does it have to watch all the videos of how nice is to work with Pix4DScan and then Pix4DInspect for cell towers I Pix4DScan supports only Matrice 300 as a new drone? :confused:

And how is it possible that such a big company as Pix4D could not implement it when DronDeploy is already supported M3E for collecting data. :confused:

Im disappointed because I would really need that in Pix4DScan for Cell Towers and Digital Twins.

Best regards

Wojciech

Yes DroneDeploy supports Mavic 3E. Mavic 3 and Mavic 3E are different drones and the SDK for the Mavic 3E has been released by DJI. DJI hasn’t released the SDK for the Mavic 3 as far as I’m aware.

https://developer.dji.com/ SDK for android aviable since 22/12/16 including Mavic 3.
For when you?

SDK if available for Mavic 3M (multispectral) and Mavic 3E (Enterprise). There is no SDK avalaible for the plain Mavic 3.

Can pix4d make their scan/capture app available for M3E as its SDK has been released a while ago?

Hello All,
Currently, we don’t have any plan to support the drone with our image acquisition app PIX4Dcapture. If things change, we will update it on our PIX4Dcapture-supported drones page.

However, PIX4Dmapper, PIX4Dcloud, PIX4Dinspect, PIX4Dmatic, PIX4Dreact, and PIX4Dfields can process images taken virtually from any image acquisition app even if PIX4Dscan or PIX4Dcapture don’t support the drone. So, I recommend you to follow the below page for more information.