ubuntu 19.04

I’m trying to install pix4dmapper on ubuntu 19.04.

I know that this os is not officially supported. However, 14.04 and 16.04 are now outdated.

I am trying to open my way in the dependency issues based on this page https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005135463 (basically, this is related to getting qt 5.6). I don’t manage, mainly because of the package libpng12-0, which cannot be installed.

Has anybody managed to install pix4dmapper on any version of ubuntu later than 16.04?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Davide,

It is true that we do not officially support any Linux version for Pix4Dmapper. Therefore it is not possible to install the Pix4Dmapper out of the box on the new Ubuntu. However, in general, experts could deal with the installation by adding manually incompatible libraries. A solution for you would be utilising Docker or adding in PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH compatible libraries. Besides Docker, there is another application called Chroot. Nevertheless, the easiest solution would be to download Ubuntu 14.04 from some archive and install Pix4Dmapper there.

Best

Same problem here.
Could Pix4d please package pix4dmapper as a snap or flatpack package? It should take similar or less time then .deb packaging and it would really solve a lot of problems for people running desktop linux.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for sharing your concept with us. I’ll make sure your idea reaches our team so they can consider it in our product.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi,
Related somewhat to the above comments, I am trying to solve the dependencies for Ubuntu 18.04 as written here https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005135463-Linux-dependencies, and cannot add the repository since there is no release file for 18.04.
Using flags such as allow-insecure=yes or trusted=yes still yields:
“The repository ‘Index of /beineri/opt-qt562-trusty/ubuntu bionic Release’ does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.”

Anyone has tips to circumvent this issue?

Tnx

Hi,

Do you have the Pix4Dengine license? Only with this license, you will be able to use it on Ubuntu 18.04.

For more information, please contact our team or check out our documentation.

Thank you!

Tnx Beate,
Yes I have a license for the engine. Is that related to the addition of the repo? Or the answer is that only the engine and not the mapper can run on 18.04?

Hi Gideon,

As mentioned in the email, Pix4Dmapper should only be installed on Ubuntu 14.04. We do not recommend running Pix4Dmapper on Ubuntu 18.04 and we can also not provide any appropriate workflow.

Please note that a Pix4Dengine license is necessary to install the software on Ubuntu 14.04: Linux-dependencies

Hope this helps.

Best,
Teodora

Ok appreciate the response. Hopefully you can migrate to 18.04.

Best

Gideon

Gideon Alon, PhD

Head of Sensing Solutions

SeeTree Systems Ltd.

M: +972.58.5330097

1 Like

I found an install of UB 14, and successfully installed it, but I cant figure out how to get it to run. Doesn’t show up in the Apps, doesn’t run via command line pix4dmapper, what should I do to run it?

Ah - looks like its in /opt/bin/pix4dmapper, but opt wasn’t set up in the search path. Runs from there just fine. :confused: