Stitching images fails with images from Pix4DCapture

Hi Erin,

Thank you for your reply to the post it was very helpful. I also got your data successfully.
We encounter the same problem when trying to reproduce your project. I passed this to our developing team as well.

Meanwhile, after taking a look at the images you sent and exporting the logfile while reproducing this issue by our team, I could tell the images were taken at an oblique angle instead of straight down with a fisheye len. The logfile also showed the images have large angles more than 35 degrees.

I found that in the FAQ - PIX4Dfields, there is a question "Can PIX4Dfields process oblique imagery?" The answer is PIX4Dfields supports processing nadir images captured with a drone camera pointing straight down. If you want to process oblique images, we recommend that you use PIX4Dmapper.

I understand you ran with mapper already and the result with the single grid wasn’t great. So I came across Inputs and outputs - PIX4Dfields article later that

• PIX4Dfields supports processing of nadir images where the drone’s camera is pointing straight down.

As well as Pix4Dfields supports only nadir images (<35-degree orientation to the ground).
Problem with the orthomosaic#7

I wonder if there’s a way to remove the fisheye in the images or reduce the nadir angles here.

Best regards,
Rosana