The Technical Support dept. provided the following solution, which works nicely.
Thank you for contacting us and for trying our software. We will be glad to help you to get the best experience using it.
When you are planning and saving a mission using Pix4Dcapture, it is all done on the local memory of the mobile device and then it is normal that you will not see the project save on one device on another one. It would need a synchronization functionality that is not existing at the moment on Pix4Dcapture. Our long-term goal is to have a better way for users to share/synchronize their projects/results.
However, sharing a project may be possible but we don’t have official instructions for it as it is not implemented as functionality in our application. We have not tested it so I cannot guarantee that it will work but I don’t see anything preventing these folder transfer the way it is described below:
- Connect the device to a computer and navigate to Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D.
- Copy out the folder(s) containing the mission(s) you would like to share.
- Zip them and send them to your colleague.
- Then add those folder(s) to the other mobile device where you want to transfer the missions to. Be sure to transfer at the appropriate path on the other mobile device. (in the Pix4D folder)
- Open Pix4Dcapture and normally you should have access to all the missions on this mobile device
Before anything, I would suggest you to backup the Pix4Dcapture folder as this procedure may imply data loss.
Also, don’t hesitate to read our manual to get the best experience out of our application.
Hope this can help you, I look forward to your response.
Gaël Picoulet | Technical Support Enginee