Support Website Contact Support Blog

Sharing image acquisition plan between devices

My colleagues are undertaking a drone survey for me, in their local area, and have asked that I produce the Pix4D Capture mission with them beforehand, so all they have to do is turn on the drone and run the mission. They can use an Android or Apple device. My problem is how to share the mission with them so they can load it into Pix4D Capture?

I have tried saving a project on one device (Android), then logging into the same account on a different device (Apple), however the Projects do not seem to sync between devices.

Does anybody know how I might share an unflown mission or do I have to ask them to rebuild it from scratch on their own device?

Many thanks in advance!

The Technical Support dept. provided the following solution, which works nicely.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for contacting us and for trying our software. We will be glad to help you to get the best experience using it.

When you are planning and saving a mission using Pix4Dcapture, it is all done on the local memory of the mobile device and then it is normal that you will not see the project save on one device on another one. It would need a synchronization functionality that is not existing at the moment on Pix4Dcapture. Our long-term goal is to have a better way for users to share/synchronize their projects/results.

However, sharing a project may be possible but we don’t have official instructions for it as it is not implemented as functionality in our application. We have not tested it so I cannot guarantee that it will work but I don’t see anything preventing these folder transfer the way it is described below:

• Connect the device to a computer and navigate to Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D.
  • Copy out the folder(s) containing the mission(s) you would like to share.
  • Zip them and send them to your colleague.
  • Then add those folder(s) to the other mobile device where you want to transfer the missions to. Be sure to transfer at the appropriate path on the other mobile device. (in the Pix4D folder)
  • Open Pix4Dcapture and normally you should have access to all the missions on this mobile device

Before anything, I would suggest you to backup the Pix4Dcapture folder as this procedure may imply data loss.

Also, don’t hesitate to read our manual to get the best experience out of our application. 

Hope this can help you, I look forward to your response.
Best regards,

​Gaël Picoulet  | Technical Support Enginee

Thomas, I wish this was available. It should be as simple as Pix4D capture, uploading the mission details to the Pix4D server so that you could open up another device (iOs or Android) and the missions be synced on all of your devices.

Hi Tim,

I agree with your point. However, the synchronization of the mission is not possible at this time. I will share your feedback to the developer’s team as a product suggestion.