iOS Transfer/Share Pix4DCapture missions between mobile devices

I have figured out how to share a mission w/a colleague, but can’t figure out to to get the .p4d file I downloaded into Files on my iPad into Pix4D capture.

It looks like this question has been asked before, but the link is not working. 

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/204072489–iOS-How-to-transfer-the-mission-p4d-file-directly-from-the-Pix4Dcapture

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Pat,

Pix4Dcapture enables to share the .p4d from the mobile device by email.
To share the project file (.p4d) from the device via email without connecting to a computer:

1. Open the app.
  2. In the Home screen, tap Mission Manager.
  3. Select the mission corresponding to the .p4d file to be transferred.
  4. On the toolbar of the Mission screen, tap the icon left to the information one to send the .p4d file by email.

Best regards,

Hello Gael,

I don’t think you have answered Pat’s question. I think Pat is asking how to get a .p4d or mission INTO Pix4Dcapture. Is this possible and if so what are your instructions using iOS?

Thank you in advance. 

I see that there was no response to the above question but I am extremely interested as well. Also, are the offline maps included in the .p4d or mission file? I realize they may be too big to email but if they are downsized for a smaller ios device maybe they’re a more manageable size. That is my biggest problem - my controller device cannot be connected to the internet per DoD regulation and without the internet I can’t load a base map. If there was a way to enter coordinates for a mission, that would work as well.

On android devices can you please give an updated list of supported phones and tablets?

Where is the Pix4D project file emailed to? I’ve tried this share button many times and we have received no email at the account email or anywhere else. We don’t need images, just the flight plan (our images are pulled from the camera), so we can plan future flights and share with other team members. Maybe this only works if we’ve saved all the images on the device perhaps? It’s maddening how poorly documented this basic need is. I’m tempted to abandon Pix4D in favor of something like Drone Deploy. We have to use iOS because DJI seems to require it, so workarounds of downloading files aren’t available, as they are for Android. What does the share button in Pix4Dcapture actually do?

To plan our flights we have to have 2 devices open so we can visually compare features visible in the imagery from one to the other. It’s a lot of guesswork, not a professional solution. A flight plan should be simple to acquire.

The provided method in the Pix4D app did not work at all. Please reset your second iPad or use a new iPad and then set up the 2nd iPad with the same cloud information and let it restore your app data from your first iPad. It will sync your app data from the first iPad to the second one. Then sign in to the second iPad Pix4D app using the same login datils which you used in the first iPad, so now you are done, enjoy…!

1 Like