Import existing mission back to Pix4D Capture

Hi,

I am curious is it possible to import/upload an existing mission in Pix4D Capture. I have made a mission using one mobile device. I have sent it to my E-mail account and now, I’d like to import it back.

Is this possible? And if it is, how should I do it!?

Hi,

For now, there is no feature on Android or iOS which allows you to copy a mission from one device to another, neither by email nor direct transfer (cable). What you must have sent by email is the mission .p4d file (see How to transfer the mission .p4d file directly from the app). The .p4d file and the images are the only files you can export from a device.
However, in the Project List, the missions you have flown are saved and and you can fly them again with the same device.

We taken note of the request you sent us via our ticketing system and have passed it on to our developers.

1 Like

I have this same question. Has any progress been made on this development since November 2017? It is sometimes helpful to repeat the exact same flight at future dates for monitoring purposes, and it may not necessarily be the same device or even the same person performing later flights. Thanks.

1 Like

I too would like to transfer missions between devices. We work in rugged environments with spotty service and need redundancy between devices. Thanks.

This would be incredibly useful. I can’t believe that this isn’t a feature. Soo annoying! I can only import .kml files on android, but I can’t open them on a different device. I have hundreds of missions I’d love to plan and distribute to pilots, but simply can’t because of this limitation.

Hi all,

Thank you for contacting us and for trying our software. We will be glad to help you to get the best experience using it.

When you are planning and saving a mission using Pix4Dcapture, it is all done on the local memory of the mobile device and then it is normal that you will not see the project save on one device on another one. It would need a synchronization functionality that is not existing at the moment on Pix4Dcapture. Our long-term goal is to have a better way for users to share/synchronize their projects/results.

However, sharing a project may be possible but we don’t have official instructions for it as it is not implemented as functionality in our application. We have not tested it so I cannot guarantee that it will work but I don’t see anything preventing these folder transfer the way it is described below:

• Connect the device to a computer and navigate to Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D.
  • Copy out the folder(s) containing the mission(s) you would like to copy to different device.
  • Then add those folder(s) to the other mobile device where you want to transfer the missions to. Be sure to transfer at the appropriate path on the other mobile device. (in the Pix4D folder)
  • Open Pix4Dcapture and normally you should have access to all the missions on this mobile device

Before anything, I would suggest you to backup the Pix4Dcapture folder as this procedure may imply data loss.

If you are using the iOS device, you have to connect your phone to iTunes and copy the Pix4Dcapture folder under the application.

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

1 Like