Could the Pix4Dcapture share flight path to another phone?

In my case is, I lost my phone with the Pix4Dcapture application (save a flightpath project), so I buy a new phone, my question is, how to return the flight path on Pix4Dcapture to a new phone?

We do not have the function to synchronize/copy the flight mission from one phone to another. It would be a useful feature to have. I will forward it as the product feedback to your developer team. 

1 Like

the list just keep getting bigger why we professionals cannot use Pix4Dcapture app for what we do. For us who fly the same site month after month year on year needing and exact same flight plan for those sites, it is critical we are able to save in a cloud or export our flight plans as a back up.
Another reason we need to keep pushing for a Pix4D desk top mission planner. I cant believe how many people have posted this request going back since 2015 and this was your response?

Hello John,

Sorry to hear that. For now, there are no plans to implement flight plans on the desktop in 2020. If things change, we will post here to inform the community.

Thank you

Kapil, but why not since there is a big demand for this? Pix4D has been saying the same since 2015, in spite many times during these 5yrs its been requested, and a few times it was mentioned it was a good idea and will be pasted on to the developers, but here again you mention there no plan to developed an app that would actually be usable? Having a workable capture app that integrates on a desk top and works with our Pix4Dmapper is a must, and I don’t understand why you people just don’t get it! I really wonder if Pix4D team actually goes out into the field and tests the Pix4Dcapture app to really see how it works in a real life work flow situation the same as we professionals have to work day to day? I will like challenge Pix4D team to go and survey and area that cover 350 hectares using a DJI Phantom 4 using your Pix4Dcapture app, and then see for yourselves why we cant us it. Not being able to export and import or save your flight plans in a cloud alone is just unbelievable, and this one failure makes Pix4Dcapture totally useless for a professional operation.

John,
I’ve had the same questions, and finally gave up. I would suggest you try the program called bluestacks. Its free windows based software that allows you to run android based application inside it. It operates just like android device, especially if you have a touchscreen (if you dont, it still works fine). I have a pix4dcapture on it and it lets me do just about anything I can do on my android, with the keyboard, mouse and big screen advantage. I don’t think pix4d will have a standalone desktop version of Pix4dcapture. Using file and media manager, you can export files or entire directories to your device, and just place it in the pix4d folder on your device. It will show up on your project list when you open Pix4dcapture. Let me know if you have any questions, I’ll be glad to help.

I really want to create projects locally on my phone and share to other devices so that they can carry out the mission.

I believe that this is not a function at the moment. I have found the email project, but have not found a way to load that on another device.

There is still no change since these issue within this discussions in this post that I can see. Don’t waste your time with Pix4Dcapture, its not fit for professional use. Best try Litchi or UgCS or other alternatives. UgCS is by far way more adaptive and has huge features. This is where I would have expected from Pix4D by now, but they simply do not see the importance of having a good capture app and how dismally their app fails to deliver for professional use. Very disappointing. Further, I am not seem any value in maintaining an expensive Pix4D Mapper subscription when from one update to the next have very little changes and development. This together with a pretty useless capture app, I am now exploring other options for data processing like WebODM and Agisoft Meta Shape and few others and at much lower cost, and which from what I have tried so far delivers just as good results for what we are doing .

Hello John,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. There are no plans to implement the above-requested feature at this time. If things change, we will post here to inform the community. I would also recommend you to go through our support article on Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?.

Pix4D’s software is image acquisition app agnostic. That means Pix4Dmapper, Pix4Dcloud, Pix4Dmatic, Pix4Dreact, and Pix4Dfields can process images taken virtually from any application as long as they are of good quality and overlap.

When you are planning and saving a mission using Pix4Dcapture, it is all done on the local memory of the mobile device. It would need a synchronization functionality to be able to share or move to another device. This feature is not existing at the moment on Pix4Dcapture.

Sharing a project may be possible on the android version, but we don’t have official instructions for it as it is not implemented as functionality in our application. We have not tested it so I cannot guarantee that it will work but I don’t see anything preventing these folder transfer the way it is described below:

• Connect the device to a computer and navigate to Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D.

• Copy out the folder(s) containing the mission(s) you would like to share.

• Zip them and send them to your colleague.

• Then add those folder(s) to the other mobile device where you want to transfer the missions to. Be sure to transfer at the appropriate path on the other mobile device. (in the Pix4D folder)

• Open Pix4Dcapture and normally you should have access to all the missions on this mobile device

Before anything, I would suggest you to backup the Pix4Dcapture folder as this procedure may imply data loss.

Some user has also suggesting copying complete folder which is working rather than just copying the individual mission.

Depending on the device you use, if it’s android based, you can connect it with pc, browse to the Pix4d folder and copy the entire folder, than paste it in the Pix4d folder of another device. The project will be shown in the project list on the second device just like it does on the first device. I’m not sure if this is the same case with IOS.