The senseFly S.O.D.A. camera’s firmware was upgraded to version 1.2.0 in June 2017 and the S.O.D.A. camera model in the Pix4D camera database has been updated accordingly.
If you want to process images taken with the new camera’s firmware you simply select the camera model from the camera database.
We recommend all users upgrading the S.O.D.A.camera to the latest firmware.
However, for the users that have not upgraded the S.O.D.A. firmware and need to process images taken with the old firmware (1.1.0), the workaround described below can be followed:
- Download the previous camera model from the link here.
- In the Help menu select Settings…->Camera Database.
- Click Import… in the User Database section.
- Select the soda_old_firmware.xml that you downloaded from the link.
- Click OK.
- Click Project -> Image Properties Editor, then click Edit… under Selected Camera Model section.
- In the Camera Model Name drop-down list, select the camera model “S.O.D.A._10.6_5472x3648_fw_1.1.0” you have just imported.
- Process step 1. Initial Processing.
- Check the results in the rayCloud view and the Quality Report.
To simplify the procedure, we have added the camera model from the previous firmware version directly in the Pix4D camera database.
The new workaround is:
- Click Project > Image Properties Editor
- Under Selected Camera Model, click Edit…
- Change the camera model to S.O.D.A._10.6_5472x3648_fw_1.1.0
Feel free to share your experience and questions below.
Pix4D Support Team