Processing Area from file

Many of us are using mission planner or similar applications to plan the flight plan. This is often based on .shp files generated by other applications. I think it would be nice to use these .shp files in pix4d to set the processing area, to be able to deliver final products which are consistent with the customer specifications and the planned mission and the covered area could be compared easily.

Hello Balint,

I think this is already possible. You can import shape file to constrain the processing area.
You can import the processing area in the Map View options.

Hi CAD123,

Thanks, I am able to use a KML file generated from the SHP, but the “raw” SHP, what I use in mission planner does not work for me.
Maybe the SHP file needs some special properties, the output coordinate system has to be specified within the file itself?

Best,
Balint

Hello Balint,

The Vector file (.shp, .kml or .dxf) has to be a polygon file (not lines) and can be given in any coordinate system from Pix4Dmapper’s coordinate system database.

It may be that the .SHP file generated is not compatible.

Please provide us to support by email the .shp file and tell us with which program was created so we can check in more detail.

Regards,

Hello

We are having difficilties when importing .shp or .kml to define the processing area. It is displayed in the map view but when we go to the ray cloud there is no processing area there. Are there any others that are experiencing this? Is this a bug or are we doing something wrong? We have been doing this before and it worked but now it seems like it is not working in 2.2.25 or 3.0.13 version of Pix4D.

Regards
Tryggvi

Hi Tryggvi,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue that we could reproduced on our side.
We confirm there is an issue with 3.0.13. We reported to our developers who will soon fix it.
We will let you know when it is done.

In the meantime as a workaround, after importing the processing area, if you save, close and re-open the project, the processing area should be displayed in the rayCloud.

Regards,