Import vector file (KML, SHP) to Region of Interest

Is it possible to import a vector layer into an ROI? Something similar to importing a vector layer into the Processing area in Pix4D Mapper?

At the moment, I use Pix4D Mapper for this type of projects, and with this amount of data (about 8000 photos) Pix4D Matic should be much more efficient.

Such functionality can also be useful when performing cyclical projects (e.g. once a month for the same area). Then you can compile data for exactly the same region of interest

Hi @kontakt1,

Thank you for the feature request. It is not possible at the moment. Please also make sure to vote for the requested feature so that it counts.

For everyone’s reference, this article explains the way to draw a region of interest for now.

How to use the Region of Interest in PIX4Dmatic

Sincerely,
Rosana (she/her)

1 Like

Hi @Rosana_Lin,

I think it’s a great idea to implement this feature for the same reason @kontakt1 mentioned. Lack of polygon import is also holding us back from using Pix4DMatic for bigger projects where it would be much more efficient. I hope it will be considered to be done in the future.

Best Regards,
Aleksandra

1 Like

I won’t make a spoiler, but look out for the next preview release :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is such a great feature and thank you for adding .kml import as ROI to now stable version 1.58.1. This is very helpful as we can now use .kml files from the start to finish of our workflow of our mission planning and ortho generation.

Our technical clients can send us a .kml from google earth of the exact boundaries of the mission area. We import that into our controller to plan our missions, ensuring enough marginal overlap of the edges, typically 1.5-2 flight passes past the .kml boundary. We can now import the same .kml file into Matic as a ROI ensuring perfectly clean edges of the 2D orthomosaic and no guesswork as to the data collection of the area from our client.

I wrote a blog about our workflow if you are interested:

Thanks again!

Regards,
Craig

1 Like

Thanks @craig for the feedback! it’s appreciated. I really like your blog post too, it’s well explained, good job!

1 Like