Problems connecting Pix4Dcapture to Ctrl+Dji

I’ve been using Pix4d capture for months with my old Samsung phone, but I know it is struggling. Half way through a mission (350 photos) it stops updating the screen/map of what’s happening.
So I’ve now got a new Pixel 4a phone, and this just won’t connect to ctrl+DJI. it will connect and fly with DJI GO, but I’ve been through all the necessary steps of FORCE STOP DJI GO, then load ctrl+DJI . . . but it just sits there trying to connect, and then says disconnected.
Tried rebooting phone, and restarting drone (Ph3S), but it just refuses to connect.
Checked all the permissions that I can for ctrl+DJI and Pix4D, though I can’t add ‘phone’ permissions for pix4dcapture.

Hi,

To operate our application, you have to be sure that you have granted all the permissions that are needed.
On your Android mobile device:

• Tap Settings → Apps → Ctrl+DJI → permissions.

Ensure that you granted permissions for Location, Phone and Storage.
Ensure to do the same for Pix4Dcapture and the drone manufacturer application DJI GO 4.

If the issue persists, try to reinstall both Ctrl+DJI and Pix4Dcapture.

I would also suggest you go through all the basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered if properly followed.

Best,