Problem to proceed DJI Zenmuse XT2 JPEG with PIX4D mapper

Drone: M210 (V1) RTK
Cam: XT2 13mm 640x512
JPG format: JPG format: 4000x3000, 72ppp

I want to make one project per image format, 1) R_JPG and 2) JPG, which I will then merge together.

The R_JPG project seems ok, but the JPG project gives me a hard time; no matter how many different parameters I use, Pixmapper can’t complete step 1.

Here are the error messages depending on different parameters I use in step 1

“[Error]: no blocks computed” or
“[Error]: No calibrated cameras.” or
“[Error]: Error e0046: Processing failed. No calibrated cameras.” or
“[Warning]: Decompose: M_Srii not positive.” or
“[Warning]: No path from reference camera to 3” or

Any leads will be appreciated

rjpeg contains the temperature vales in the pixel where as jpeg contains the information in colors (red, green, blue). Thus it might be difficult for Pix4D to find features if the colors are the same. You can still upload the images for us to have a look (share google drive link) or write us a support tciket for us to confirm.

I am experiencing the same issue using the Zenmuse XT2 with same aircraft. What was the outcome of this support request?

Hi David, This can be due to incorrect camera paramters, low overlap, image quality or oblique camera angle. Can you send us your p4d file and logfile?

Momtanu,
What is the best option for sending you the p4d and log files?
Dave

Momtanu,

Thank you for your reply. Attached are the requested files.

image001.png

image002.png

DVL West Dam N Thermal.log (2.26 MB)

DVL West Dam N Thermal.p4d (146 KB)

David, The logfile shows that there are oblique images. This can happen if the images are not nadir or if the camera paramters are wrong due to which Pix4D did not optimise the positions of the images correctly. The pixel size of your camera (thermal) is 17 micron. You will need to edit that in the image properties editor and process again. Let me know if it works. Process only step1 for now. From teh future, I would recommend capturing rjpeg or tif images for the thermal. You should be able to select the format in your camera app.

Momtanu,

Thank you for the information. I have adjusted the camera settings in the image properties editor. I reviewed my images and cannot tell which images are oblique. Our flight control software was commanded to point the camera down 90 degrees at the beginning of the photogrammetry portion of the flight but perhaps the camera pitch changed sometime during the flight. Can you point me to the source of information indicating that images weren’t nadir? I would like to eliminate those images from the processing.

Thank you,

image001.png

image002.png

David, It also might be the images are actually nadir but due to the wrong paramters Pix4D optimised the orientation incorrectly. Did you process step 1 after changing the paramters? Can you send us the quality report, p4d file and log file for that? Pix4D will not tell you which images are oblique but it gives a warning in the logfile about the number/percentage of images that are oblique. You can open the lgofile with any editor and search for the word oblique.

Momtanu,
Yes, I changed the parameters and ran step 1 again. Results were much better for this location. Two other locations weren’t as successful but maybe due to missing images from the camera not triggering as often as it should have. Thank you for your help with this.

image001.png

image002.png

DVL West DAm N Thermal v2.log (1.02 MB)

DVL West DAm N Thermal v2.p4d (116 KB)

DVL West DAm N Thermal v2_report.pdf (1.91 MB)

1 Like

Hi , can you please help me i have an overlap problem and icant find the reason

Hi @asma.daoud40,

What kind of overlap problem do you have?
Please share the quality report with me here.

Daniele