PIX4DMapper crashes or shuts down during step 1

Hi,

Software crashes or shuts down during step 1. At first glance we thought it was hardware issues. Tech support suggested 4 of 8 Ram sticks (256 GB total), updated the motherboard bios, clean installation of GPU driver, downgraded to the stable version of the mapper, upgraded to Windows 11, and my last attempt before shipping the computer to the shop would be downgrading to Windows 10 before the previous 22h2 update.

Prior to this issue, the unit was working with no issues. The problem started after the last win10 update. But before that problem, the unit was shutting down for no reason. Initially were suspicious RAM issues. So in the process of stabilizing the computer, which is now stable, this problem occur with the Mapper.

On numerous attempts with different-sized projects, all of them were crashing on step 1. However, If process step 1 on a laptop or lower-end computer, the big computer has no problem doing steps 2 and 3.

Hopefully, I could get some ideas on to figure out this issue with the Mapper, or if I should send the computer to tech support and see if it’s a hardware issue.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you in advance.

Hi @Abdiel_Velez,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes in PIX4Dmapper.

Please take a look at this the following article, do you find any helpful suggestion?

If the issue happens only on Step 1, then it is likely that there is an issue with the GPU/GPU drivers:

In addition, recently some users reported that they are getting crashes when using Game Ready Driver (GRD) for NVIDIA graphic cards. If possible, please install Studio Driver (SD) instead of a GRD.