[pix4dcapture] DJI Spark problem connection

Hi!

I’ve a problem: I will try my new Spark ith Capture, but it doesn’t work…

Info:

• Spark alone

• iPad 2018 + Gamevice controller (the same I’m using with Tello and working with DJI app).

The Spark is wireless connected with iPad, and it works very well with DJI app.

I will open Pix4dcapture, it works: I could see the camera, but when I will start the mission the app tell me “connection error” and it doesn’t start.

Anyone knows?

Hi Davide,

Thank you for the details provided.

To connect properly to the DJI Spark, I would suggest you:

• Use the original remote controller of the DJI Spark. We don’t support any other remote controller than the original one.
  • To not connect to the drone with the Wifi. The wifi should only be used to connect the Ipad to the remote controller.
  • Make sure that the drone manufacturer application is not running in the background. Force quit it if necessary. (Android, iOS) How to force quit an app
  • Restart from scratch the mission if the above suggestions do not solve the issue. To do so, close and force quit the app, disconnect the cable from the mobile device, turn off the remote controller and the drone. Then switch on the drone and the controller, reconnect the USB cable and open Pix4Dcapture.

Note that using Pix4Dcapture, you will only be able to fly Free Flight missions, waypoint missions are not available for this drone at the moment.

I would also recommend you to have a look at the basic checks and troubleshooting article on our Knowledge Base.

Best,

1 Like

Hi Gael,

thanks for fast reply. I’ve read the basic check (I have used p4capt with Phantom and Bebop) but I miss the part of the original controller of the Spark. So, by now, I could not use Pix4d with the little DJI.

Thanks a lot

Davide