Can't get Pix4dcapture to connect to Mavic Air

I’m having problems getting Pix4dcapture to connect to my DJI Mavic Air. I’ve followed the instructions in the “Getting Started” guide (force-closing all drone apps before I start Pix4capture), but I am not having any luck at all. I have tried both connecting “wired” (the phone connected to the drone controller by USB cable) and “wireless” (the phone connected to the drone via Wi-Fi), and in neither will Pix4capture will communicate with the drone.

• Even if I force-close everything and then manually connect the phone to the drone’s Wi-Fi connection, Pix4dcapture doesn’t recognize it.

• Even if I follow the procedure for manually syncing the drone and controller (push and hold the Function button on the drone, push and hold Pause-Fn-Custom on the controller) – and get feedback that the controller and drone are communicating – Pix4capture doesn’t recognize it.

All I see is the connection icon in Pix4dcapture cycling green through the bars and then stopping. If I open Ctrl+DJI, the indicator cycles between “Connecting …” then “Disconnected” fruitlessly.

All my firmware and app versions are current. I can connect to the drone through the phone with DJI GO 4 without issue.

Any advice?

By the way, I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 8.0.0.

Hi @joseph.t.richardson,

The behavior you are describing has not been reported to us so far. As a first step, I would suggest you go through all the basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered if properly followed.

Also, make sure that the DJI GO app is closed on the background and I would recommend using the wired connection between the phone and the remote controller.

Regards,

I am also having the same issue. Last time I used Pix4DCapture and my Mavic Air was about 8 months ago. Today I dug out my Mavic Air and tried to connect to PIx4DCapture and failed. Went through all the checks and reboot as Joseph above and followed all the instruction on the trouble shoot page. Nothing works!

I have no problem connecting the drone to DJI Go 4.

One thing I noticed is the Wifi icon at the top right of the PIX4D app was in grey and not giving any drone data so can it be issue with the wifi connection?

Hello,
We can’t replicate the issue on our side. So, I would still suggest you to go through our basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered by users. Please make sure that the DJI GO app is closed while using the Pix4Dcapture app.

An update: When I followed the troubleshooting steps Kapil linked, and in particular the Pix4dcapture troubleshooting guide, I was able to connect with Pix4dcapture and fly my mission successfully. It was important to follow the “restart your mission from scratch” steps exactly:

1. Force quit Pix4Dcapture.
  2. Unplug the cable between the mobile device and the remote controller.
  3. Turn off the remote controller and the drone.
  4. Turn on the drone and the remote controller.
  5. Plug the cable between the mobile device and the remote controller.
  6. Run Ctrl+Plugin and then Pix4Dcapture.
2 Likes

Joseph, thank you for sharing the tip… I was experiencing the same problem like others. I followed your steps and managed to get it working…cheers…

I am having the same problem connecting my DJI Mavic Air 2 to the Pix4D Capture app. I’ve tried the various tips both in this thread and the troubleshooting guide. And then it sudden struck me that maybe the app is not able to connect because I can not choose that exact drone in the Pix4D Capture app. I have tried choosing both Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Air but without luck. Can you confirm that the app doesn’t work with Mavic Air 2?

I have the mavic Air 2 as well and am having the same problem. I looked through the list of drones supported and it does not list the mavic Air 2. Maybe it will be in the next version?

I have mavic air2 and facing the same problem

I have the same problem with a Mavic pro 2 and the smart controller. No matter what approach it won’t connect.
I keep getting a push noticfication from Ctrl+DJI stating:

Ctrl+DJI Permissions
Ctrl+DJI needs to be granted permissions to operate correctly.

But I can’t give any more permissions, have given all that are available.

One more thing: When a mission is open and Pix4Dcapture claims it’s not connected and I change from map view to camera view I keep getting messages that Ctrl+DJI has stopped working.

So in my opinion the problem is related to the Ctrl+DJI.