Phantom 4 Pro +

It happens to me sometimes. Restarting the controller and the drone usually does the trick. Try to update firmwares too. 

Hello  everybody , I just went through the advices provided for me during the last couple of hours… However, I´ve been rather sceptical because I already went through all the settings-checks more than once before… Sadly, I couldn´t get rid of the problem that the drone still won´t take off using pix4d (but it does when using the - for me -> “useless” dji4go app). I´ve taken some screenshots for further evidence:

As you can see there aren´t any issues noticable that the drone won´t function… Please - any clues anyone… I´m becoming more and more desparate…

Hi Michael,

Are you updated with the latest drone firmware and the latest version of Pix4Dcapture and ctrl+DJI?
Also be sure that DJI GO 4 or any drone-related app is not running in the background when using Pix4Dcapture. Following this procedure might also solve a potential conflict between apps. (if it can be apply to P4P+)

When restarting from scratch make sure to switch on the drone, then the RC and then opening ctrl+DJI and Pix4Dcapture.

Also, a suggestion would be to try to takeoff manually and then running Pix4Dcapture to see if it solves the issue. 

If all the suggestions above do not work, please try to reinstall ctrl+DJI and Pix4Dcapture from scratch.

Any workarounds from the users who bumped into that issue would be appreciated.

Best,

Hi all.  Can anyone point me to where I could fine the procedure to download APK files to an SD card.  I want to try Topoterra’s solution but have never downloaded raw APK files for apps.  Thanks all.

Hi Vince,

We are currently working on it. In the future, we will put the latest APKs online at a defined location, so that they are easy to get for users. A link to download them will be accessible from our support website. 

Best,

Downoad the App in APKpure.com. You have to download 2 apps, Pix4d capture and ctrl+DJI. Copy the downloaded files in the SD card, insert it into the controller, browse for the File then install.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

But how to you install the apk files in the drone, i am using my phone as display and i don’t have a slot for sd card on the controller either.

Hi everyone, i have already install litchi apk in my phantom 4 pro + now i want to know how i can use the litch app and pix4d capture to map

Stephan,

You only need to download the APK file when you are using the PHantom 4 Pro PLus controller. 

In your case, you are using the Regular Phantom 4 Pro controller. DOwnload the PIX4D capture and CTRL+ DJI in the google playstore.

Thank you for the answers.

@Topoterra Ltda I tried everything in your instructions and in the video and every variation I could think of without success (trying to get Pix4D to run on remote w/ integrated screen). Maybe DJI caught on and disabled this functionality with their newest release? Does it still work for you? I just got a phantom 4 pro v2.0 + and it’s running Version V0.2.6.2. Thanks

Still working for Phantom 4 Pro + V1.0. 

don’t know about p4p+ v2 but got pix4d finally working on my p4p+ v1 having installed the latest software versions. downloaded latest apk files on a sd card, installed ctrdji and pix4dcapture on the rc. when i want to use it i do as follows: 1) turn on the drone; 2) turn on the rc; 3) go to settings/software and stop all proprietary dji software (=djigo, updates and related); 4) plug a data usb cable in the rc (i noticed that not all usb cables would work, only the “better” ones, not the cheaper charging cables; 5) ctrldji opens automatically foliwed by pix4d capture and voila! it works…

what i additionally did was turning off the automatic syncing option because my datasets got mixed up /overwritten when flying several missions in a row… now it works perfectly - thanks to everybody in this forum for your help!

For anyone trying to use 3rd party apps with the Phantom 4 pro v2.0  + (with integrated screen), don’t waste your time with this video as I’m almost positive the loophole is now dead. I tried it as many ways as I could with as many USB cables I could find. Looks like I’ll be purchasing another remote, but DJI is currently out of stock :frowning:

Hi Caleb and all,

Thank you very much for your feedback. 
It is indeed important to know that the workaround that is valid for P4P+ V1 is not working with P4P+ V2.

I will put a comment about what you reported on this thread, and I would advise any Phantom 4 Pro+ V2 (P4P+ V2) users to write there if anyone has interesting information to share. It will enable to get two separate threads for the V1 and V2 version of P4P+.

Best,

Sounds good, Thanks @Gaël

Hi all,

A procedure has been released to install the latest APKs of our application on DJI CrystalSky. It is also possible to install them on the P4P+ V1 and use Topoterra Ltda workaround to make it work. However, note that we don’t officially support the P4P+ V1.
You can have a look here.

Let us know if you have any feedback about it.

I managed to run the Pix4Dcapture but the mission does not exceed the 2000m, how to solve go?

Hello Abel,

Thank you for your feedback. What do you mean by the mission do not exceed the 2000m? 

Pix4Dcapture apply some restrictions by default for the range of the mission and how far the drone can be from its Homepoint. Those restrictions can be bypassed following this procedure.

Note that, at one point, if the drone is too far, the limitation will come from the radio signal range as the signal will be too weak to have a good connectivity. I would suggest you look in DJI GO 4 if the flight settings are set up to what you need.
In any case, we do not recommend to use Pix4Dcapture in conditions where the radio signal can be lost with the drone.

Best,

I finally got this working on the v2! Here’s how to install Pix4d and Control+DJI on the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2 built in screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcLbVHZLdrU