Support Website Contact Support Blog

Phantom 4 Advanced

I must apologize for my criticism in my previous post concerning Phantom 4 Advanced in Pix4D Capture.

I went ahead and gave Pix4D capture a try with my own brand new Phantom 4 Advanced, selecting Phantom 4 Pro as the bird.  I was a bit nervous about the chance of something going wrong but I took the chance.

I flew two missions, one 2D grid and one circle POI.  No problems.  Everything worked fine.  The pictures transferred to my iPad mini 4 without a hitch and the info of the drone type showed as a Phantom 4 Advanced.  Somebody must have fixed something.

I went ahead a purchased your $50 per month Pix4D Modeling app and processed the new 2d grid mission over a large flat grass park.  Came out pretty good.

I plan next to try flying a 3d grid and a 3d circle over a large base urban water tower about 120 feet tall.  I will combine those images into one project.  I will also add a few free flight photos.

I will report whether all the Pix4D Capture modes work with my P4 Advanced or if I observe any issues or glitches.

We have heat warnings and wind forecast for the next week so it might be awhile before I fly the new missions.

I’ll get back either way, good missions or problems.

Later,

Marvin ‘Headwind’ Hesket

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. This will be useful for any P4A users. Let us know about your future tests.

Best regards,

Too bad it wont do with my p4d advanced.

Buenas tardes,

Tengo mi Phantom 4 Advanced, y el Pix4D no lo recone.

Una solucion.

Hola Mauricio,

Como puedes comprobar en este link, el Phantom 4 Advanced todavía no ha sido testado oficicalmente con Pix4Dcapture y por tanto no está soportado.
Sin embargo, si lees los comentarios debajo del artículo, algunos usuarios lo han usado con éxito seleccionando Phantom 4 Pro en los settings.
No obstante, no podemos garantizar que funcione.

Un saludo.

i have not tested phantom 4 advanced with Pix4d Capture.

But , We can use other mission planing Software just to Capture Images then We can Easily Work With Pix4d Mapper.

Thank You.

Hi Mahesh,

Yes, you are right, you can use any third-party application to get an automated acquisition of the area you would like to cover.

Then, Pix4D’s image processing engine supports images that are captured with any third party flight planning application as long as you have sufficient image overlap for your project. 

Best,

Please help p4adv owners about this. We invest in Pix4d Capture. Sorry, we still haven’t updated.