PC freezing on Densify

2022-10-06_15-12-21.txt (1.6 MB)

Trying to process 4500 images but my PC keeps crashing on the densify step.
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
C drive is a nvme KIOXIA 1TB with about 600GB free
Windows 10pro
64bit
Reloaded pc and everything checked out. Updated drives, enabled hardware accelerated GPU to help my processor because it is running at 100% and GPU only at 15% , so i was trying to force it to process on GPU.
Pix4D is also consuming a very high amount of power so not sure if my 500w output surge protector is not enough

What else could be my problem? Not sure where else to go with this
My PC seems to process it at a good rate, but not sure why it continues to crash without anything to show on the logs. Been having this problem consistently for the past week

TDP of your CPU is 165w and 350w for the GPU. 500w is not enough.

It’s also possible your CPU or GPU have temperature issues. Install HW Monitor to examine temps under load. HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

What power supply do you have? That could also be the issue.

This is the power supply, and this is the outlet it was connected to.
Ill install the HW monitor to check temps.
I appreciate all your help Andrew

The entire picture didn’t load but the ups is a Cyberpower 950VA

Is your computer a pre-built system or built from parts? Do you know what the power supply inside the PC is?

It’s a pre-built PC by Dell. Not sure on the power supply. The back of the pc says 950w by the power connection. Can’t find anywhere else where it would tell me.

My PC is crashing on the optimizing step of the calibration, that is the last thing i see in the logs when it freezes. Could this be a hint to why it keeps freezing?

I reviewed your log. It ran the calibration step for 52 minutes at a pretty high CPU load (which is normal). If CPU overheating was an issue, it would have crashed during that time. I don’t know enough about the software to know what components are most utilized during the optimization step. Perhaps the GPU is utilized more in this step. Have you installed the latest nvidia drivers? I would use their studio drivers and not the gaming drivers.

Crashed again with geforce studio drivers.
This was the last thing it had on the log.
Any other suggestions as to what it might be?
Perhaps my ssd or processor are no good ?

Hi xzamora,

Were you able to confirm that the UPS is the factor causing the crash? Is it safe to assume that this project when processed without the UPS processes fine?

Regards,
-Jon

Hi Jonathan,
I ended up directly connected my power to the wall outlet and still crashed. So I could not tell if the ups was the problem. We are currently replacing our tower due to the problem persisting.
Dell replaced our hard drive in hopes that it was malfunctioning, and no resolution… Still ran into freezing and windows blue screen.