Noise in images

Hi 

I am using Pix4d from past 8 months. Everything was fine last 6 months but from 2 months I am getting noise in images taken. We replaced the strip in drone put a new one and checked, still the noise is repeating. What might be the reason for the noise? Pls help.

Hi,

To be able to help you the best way as possible about the issue you are encountering, can you precise us:

• If the image acquisition is done using Pix4Dcapture?
  • What is your configuration (drone, camera, mobile device)?
  • What do you mean by noise in the image taken? Is it out of focus? Can you provide us one of the images with noise?

In case of unexpected behavior, while using Pix4Dcapture, we recommend following the basic checks and troubleshooting steps. If properly followed, it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered.

Best regards,

Hi

Yes - I am using Pix4dCapture only. I am using DJI Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 with a Samsung Galaxy A6. 

Please find the image in the attached

Hi,

Sorry I did not put the link for the basic checks and troubleshooting steps in my previous message. I would recommend you to follow them to see if it solves the issue you have.

Also, as a focus issue appeared in the past with this drone but fixed with the latest releases, make sure to be updated with:

• The latest drone firmware.
  • The latest Ctrl+DJI and Pix4Dcapture version.

Is the issue you have random? Is it reproducible? Is it occurring all the time?

Best,

Hi,

Thank You for the response, But I already referred to the link and followed the steps. Still, the issue is repeating,  

It is kind of Random, happens once in three days. (the main reason I am unable to get the root cause) . 

Hi,

Ok, thank you for the additional details and the troubleshooting you have done.
Note that this behavior may also be linked to the P4P V2 camera itself.

My suggestions here would be:

• Make sure that everything works fine from a DJI GO 4 point of view.
  • To restart the mission from scratch when the focusing issue occurs as it will probably solve it. Restart your mission from scratch. To do so, close and force quit the app, disconnect the cable from the mobile device, turn off the remote controller and the drone. Then switch on the drone and the controller, reconnect the USB cable and open Pix4Dcapture. On Android, launch Pix4Dcapture from Ctrl+plugin.
  • Next time the issue occurs, note the time, the date and the project name. Then you can send us the logs so that we can investigate them and find the root cause.

Best,