Phantom 4 Pro stopping Mid-flight

Hi there,

Recently when flying my DJI P4P using Pix4D Capture, I’ve struck intermittent issues where the drone will come to a complete halt mid-mission, and will not resume the flight on its own?

I assume that it’s due to the spacial sensors on the P4P detecting a phantom object and hitting the brakes (an occasional issue on high humidity days or foggy mornings) however, it seems there is no functionality in Pix4D capture to recover from this?

Is there any chance of looking into this issue for future versions of the app?

Any assistance, or advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your feedback. When flying, there are several one-time issues that can be related to the environment/meteorological conditions but also to miscommunication between the Pix4Dcapture and the drone. Sometimes the SDK (set of programming tools for software development to interact with the drone hardware) is not responsive and some delays affect the communication, which blocks the continuity of the mission. It cannot be considered as bugs as it is not reproducible.

In the first place, we recommend the following procedures in case of unexpected behavior of the drone:

• Make sure to run the latest versions of the drone Firmware, DJI Go 4, Pix4Dcapture.
  • Go through the basic checks and troubleshooting
  • Restart the mission from scratch. To do so, close and force quit the app, disconnect the mobile device, turn off the remote controller and the drone.   

Keep in Mind that Pix4Dcapture is acting as a third-party application so if an unexpected behavior happens during the flight you will always have the possibility to take back manual control of the drone by:

• Changing flight modes
  • Moving the controller’s joysticks.

Is it possible for you to send us the logs (with the day and time when you encountered the issue) so that we can analyze them?
Also how often did you encounter this behavior? Is it regular or random?

Best,

I frequently have the same issue. Has there been any resolution on this topic? For what it’s worth, I have the same issue if I use drone deploy.

1 Like