New DJI Smart Controller

Daniele, ho capito. I have already spent $400 more than the non-Smart Controller Mavic 2 Pro cost…now I’m supposed to spend another $350 just to fly photogrammetry missions? 

Daniele, ma la tua è una non-soluzione. Io ho comprato lo smart controller proprio per non essere soggetto al cellulare/tablet, cavetto e quant’altro.

Daniele, but yours is a non-solution. I bought the smart controller just to avoid being subjected to a mobile phone / tablet, cable and so on.

e si ma se lo fai per lavoro un alternativa la devi trovare … ed io ho trovato questa ho comprato un controller usato per 180 euro e con un tablet ho risolto il problema in attesa che sistemino lo smart controller.

claudio marino e si è solo un alternativa per lavorare con la fotogrammetria… non una soluzione al problema dello smart controller.

Daniele, you are correct. It is the only option that works today. I’m just angry with DJI for disabling the DJI Pilot App for all but the Enterprise versions of the Mavic 2. I have also seen them used on eBay, but I’ve already spent close to $2,000 on my M2P with SC…why should I have to pay even more to get capabilities that a M2P costing $1,500 already has, especially since it’s clear that the Pilot App clearly CAN work on the M2P hardware?

1 Like

Dennis hai assolutamente ragione e concordo con te, ma forse noi ad usare questo tipo di applicazione sullo smart controller siamo in pochi e quindi non una clientela da dover accontentare… purtroppo molte grandi aziende pensano più alla parte consumer perchè sono molti di più. 

Daniele, I’ve enjoyed getting to use my very bad Italiano with you today. I used to live in a small town between Roma and Napoli, known as Gaeta. Just about my favorite place on Earth.

Anyway, yes, photogrammetry might be a small market relative to the rest of the market DJI serves, however, now that the SDK is out, companies like Pix4d and Drone Deploy, companies that specialize in photogrammetry, need to address the Smart Controller as technology that will only get more common as time goes on. 

In addition, DJI needs to explain itself regarding why they have disabled the DJI Pilot App for the M2Z and M2P.

Hola, yo soy otro usuario que tiene el mismo problema .

con el smart controller no es posible utilizar pix4d. oooohhhhhh

Some problem.

Please solve it!

1 Like

Poor favor me podeis decir si estais trabajando para solucionar el problema de comunicación. Llevo mucho tiempo utilizando Pix4D y necesito saber si cambiar a otro programa o esperar . Gracias

I have encountered the same problem, would like to see how this problem can be solved!

Has anyone heard anymore about P4D developing or looking to make it compatible with the DJI Smart controller? 

Also does any third party 3D mapping app work from the DJI smart controller. All does non work???

MapsMadeEasy is iOS only, so it won’t work. Drone Deploy aren’t developing a version for the Smart Controller, either, and the DJI Pilot App doesn’t work with the Smart Controller. So…we’re pretty much hosed, here. 

So why do we need the smart controller??? Feel cheated really…

Dylan, my thoughts, exactly. We spend extra money for the Smart Controller, falsely thinking we’re getting the MOST capable system, only to find out it does LESS than the standard controller. This is unacceptable, and it seems like nobody is addressing this issue. 

1 Like

Will contact DJI and see what their thoughts are

FWIW, Litchi is supporting the Smart Controller. Just installed today and will see how it goes.  Worked great on previous DJI devices.

I only wish Litchi had a mapping function, they could make a small fortune. I’ve been using Litchi on the SC for a couple months now, I’ve had no issues. 

This is good news.

Ryan great news. Will give it a try.