Mission checklist error " Drone Storage Error " Pix4D Capture Pro

Hi all, I have been using the Pix4D Capture Pro app for missions with a DJI Mavic 2 Pro without any issues for a while, both on a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and on an iPhone SE 2nd generation. However, since last week, the drone won’t take off for a mission because of “Drone Storage Error” using either of the phones. I have tried the below things, but the issue remains unsolved so I would need help:

• I have fully uninstalled and re-installed the app on both phones
  • I have tried a mission using Ctrl+DJI & Pix4D Capture (classic) and the issue does not occur on these
  • I have tried a different microSD card
  • I have reformatted both microSD cards using the DJI 4 GO app
  • I made sure I have the latest firmware (there has been no jump in firmware between before and when the issue occurred)
  • I have tried a new mission at a different location
  • I have reformatted the internal drone storage using the DJI Go 4 app

Hello there,

Cause for failure PIX4Dcapture_Pro_Mission_Checklist_Error.png

• The camera storage reported an error.

Solution:

• Please try another card or try reformatting the card.

For more information visit, https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/10445879222557-Mission-checklist-PIX4Dcapture-Pro

1 Like

Thank you Kapil. Surprisingly, all three microSD cards I tried must have stopped being compatible with Pix4D Mapper Pro. On the pix4D community, I read that the SanDisk Extreme Pro cards (the previous 3 were older - they still work for other devices and for DJI4Go, just not for Pix4D Mapper Pro anymore) work best with Pix3D Mapper Pro, so I purchased one and this solved my issue!

Hello, I’m having an issue related to this topic. My Pix4D Pro app doesn’t work with sandisk ultra SD Card, so I was oriented to use the DJI smart controller (Mavic 2 Pro) memory storage. But the PIX4D Pro app doesn’t allow the flight mission starts, because it’s sayind that the drone memory is too low but my DJI smart controller has 6Gb free space. Some ideas about how to solve this issue please.

Hi Marcelo, for me buying a brand new SanDisk Extreme Pro card solved the issue. However, I would not know if this would be your solution as shortly after we moved to using the Dronelink app instead of Pix4D Pro. The reason is because for years already, we’ve had a lifelong license to Pix4D Mapper (desktop) and therefore we have no need for a Pix4D Cloud license, which is required to make use of the Pix4D Pro app these days.

Thank you very much. Enlightening comment. I’m afraid I’ll have to buy this SD card in order to use the app correctly.