"mission cannot be started because of dji internal failure"

Just to add to Jenny de Wind message.

I found the same thing. I tried flying with various Android devices and none of them worked. Then I used an Apple tablet and it worked perfectly with no problems at all. The only thing that I did notice is that if the drone starts to take photos and you lose connection then it resumes the mission but it does not continue taking photos so it is critical to ensure all connections are stable especially between your tablet/phone and your remote. (I had some issues with the connection between the remote and tablet).

I would like to reassure you that we are looking into it and investigating possible solutions to the issue.

From what we can see, the error should not appear for all the missions so you should still try multiple times and restart everything in between.

Also, as @Jenny and @Phillip mentioned, the error is only present on the Android platform and we do not expect it to appear on iOS.

Any updates on this issue, please?

Desperate for a solution

Looking for a solution here too. Trying to use Pix4D for a MSc dissertation and failing to start missions due to the same DJI internal error.  Tried all the suggestions.  Using a Phantom 3 and Android phone.

We would like to inform you that the “Mission cannot be started because of dji internal failure” was resolved in the Android 4.2.2 release.

At this point, we recommend making sure that all the apps and firmware versions are up to date.

Thank you for your patience,

Thank you for replying upon the update release of pix4d capture, however it brings a new error message. “unfortunately, ctrl+dji has stopped”. I am still unable to use the pix4d app on either my One Plus X or rooted Samsung s5.

@Samantha, the issue might be related to the OS version of the Android you are using. More information here: CTRL+DJI unfortunately has stopped.

I have recently been out in the field using the updated 4.2.2 Pix4D capture on a Galaxy Tab 2 with the Phantom Pro 4 and this internal DJI failure message continues to occur. I will fly 2 missions without a hassle, then I’ll move onto the next one and suddenly this appears. I repeat everything above, disconnecting and restarting, drawing whole new projects and still the error message remains once all checks are given the green light. I even went to the length to delete all applications (DJI Go, Pix4d Capture and CTRL+DJI). Still it remains.

@Australia 85, the source of the previous error was resolved and should not appear anymore. However, there are more situations that this specific warning can be displayed and it is hard to predict all the scenarios.

Did you have the chance to fly some additional mission in the meanwhile? Does the warning message still appear?

Could you give us some insight about the type and size of the mission you were using?

Do you receive the same warning while using different devices and/or drones?

Hi All, is there any solution yet for this?

i have two simillar drones and tablets for a mission, one is fly 150m mission with no problem while the other stucked cause its 150m…

i used P4P with Samsung galaxy tab A (2016) with S pen

@Db Fmis17

Thank you for joining in on the conversation. As @Blaž has pointed out, this warning can appear for a number of different reasons. Could you please provide some more context of when you receive this warning?

• What mission type are you flying?
  • What is the size of this mission?
  • Do you receive this error while using a different device or flying a different mission type?
  • What android version do you have installed on your mobile device?

Cheers,

Josh

Hi,

I tried several times more but ultimately gave up and switched to another application. 

I did all types of different missions, short, long, grids, different height, new and old. I literally stood in the field and tried everything i could think of to get it to work. I even went back to the same spot and mission where it had previously worked and suddenly had the error again.

I have tried this on two different Phantom 4 Pro’s and the same error came up. I have used the same S2 Galaxy device as Pix4D hasn’t allowed kmz files to be uploaded to the ISO version. Everything is up to date with the latest firmware, i checked this several times prior to entering the field. 

Cheers.

G’day Australia_85,

Sorry that you could not make it work. However, thank you for the several tests you have done. The fact that it happens on two different drones using the same device enable to narrow the field of investigation.

Up to what you reported, I would suggest you:

• To be up to date with the latest versions of drone firmware and Pix4Dcapture (V4.3.2) and Ctrl+DJI (V1.9.1).
  • Reinstall DJI GO 4 and drone firmware to be sure that nothing wrong comes out of it.
  • To do the two procedures below to see if it solve the issue

The two procedures below may imply data loss so we recommend to make a backup if there are important data saved. Connect the mobile device and copy the Pix4D folder (Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D) to your computer.

1. Clear data and clear cache memory of the application

1. Open the Settings application on the Android device.
  2. Scroll the list and tap Apps, Applications or Manage apps.
  3. (optional) On certain devices like Samsung, tap Application Manager.
  4. Scroll the list to find the application.
  5. From the list, tap Storage.
  6. Tap CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE.

2. Re-install Ctrl+Plugin and Pix4Dcapture from scratch

1. Uninstall Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+Plugin.
  2. Connect the device to a computer and navigate to Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D.
  3. Delete the content of all folders.
  4. Delete the Pix4D folder.
  5. Re-install the latest version of Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+Plugin.
  6. (optional) Place the backup content back into the Pix4D folder to restore data.
  • To see if the issue is linked to the mobile phone/tablet, it would be great to test if the issue occurs on another device if you have the opportunity.

Let me know if it solves the issue.

Best,

Hi Gael,

I will try the installation over the weekend on the android device.

I used our primary drone and Pix4D in the field last week using an ISO device and had no issue so I don’t believe this is something to do with the drone firmware. We only have one android device and we only have this because we need to import KML files for some of the remote work we complete. I don’t suppose Pix4D has moved yet on making this option available to ISO users?

Cheers

I have faced this issue and could not work around it the whole week. 

After some observations, I realized the drone would not take off in any mission above 50m. I went to the DJI GO app and changed the Maximum Altitude to 120m and it solved the issue for now. 

Tomorrow I will take it on a mission and I hope it works.

Hi, I had exactly the same problem, and now I solved changing a configuration in DJI GO, It has a configuration of distance from transmiter to the drone, I changed the 500m and disabled this check. 

Now the Phantom 4 pro is taking off perfectly when the mission starts!!

Regards

Pablo

1 Like

Hello, 

I am receiving the same message “mission cannot be started because of DJI internal error”. I get all the green check marks before takeoff but after I hold the button to start the mission, the drone does not move. I am using a phantom 4 pro and a samsung galaxy tablet. All apps and firmware versions are up to date.

Can a mission be flown without cell phone connection? 

Thank you!

Hi Cesar,

I would suggest you go all along our basic checks and troubleshooting steps. I would especially recommend you to check in DJI GO 4 if no settings are conflicting with the mission (beginner mode, max altitude) as it seems that the DJI internal error occurs in those cases. 
For example, the error will occur if in DJI GO 4, the max altitude is set to 50m and that in Pix4Dcapture, the flight height defined is above this altitude.

Best,

Hi Gael, 

Thank you for the information but can a mission be flown without cell phone connection? 

Hi Cesar,

When you say without a cell phone connection, you mean without any network coverage or without internet? In both cases, it will be possible for you to fly a mission using Pix4Dcapture. However, a specific workflow has to be followed if flying missions without internet. You can find a procedure here about how to operate them.

Best,