Mavic 2 Pro and zoom support

Hi all,

Gaël is right. Currently DJI is not very responsive to the issue and Pix4D’s only solution for now is to log themselves correct values through the Pix4D Capture app, directly on the tablet or phone and use it later to geocode the images.

I have written a detailed text on what I found really happening and a solution I have finally brought for myself but that I would be happy to share to those who have enough skills to play with EXIF tags. I have posted it on the mavicpilots.com forum at: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/incorrect-exif-gps-and-elevation.46603/ 

… for those like me that sometimes use Litchi or other apps to fly along various types of flight plans to follow curved features like roads, tracks, riverbanks or ocean coasts.

André, Kildir Technologies, Lévis, Qc, Canada

Sorry for that, the copied link just provided does not seem to work because copy/paste added some nasty invisible characters. Please just type it in a browser, it will work…

André

Hello André,

Thank you for sharing with us about your experience. I hope it will be helpful for users.

Best, 

Hello

It’s possible to say when the new version in Android will be planned ? I need to use my Mavi Pro 2 with the Android Version.

Thanks for your help.

David

Hi Jérôme,

The status did not change so far since my previous comment of the 05/11/2018:
For the moment, we can not provide any date for the release of the Mavic 2 Pro support on Android, it is still in progress.
Be reassured that as soon as the support will be released for the Mavic 2 Pro on Android, we will communicate about it.

Best,

Hi

Thank you for your answer.

Best

Hi all,

The Mavic 2 Pro is now officially supported by Pix4Dcapture on both Android and iOS platform.
From the 18.12.18, Pix4Dcapture V4.5.0 for Android has been released together with Mavic 2 Pro support. 
Note that the live video stream is not available for this release on Android.

Best,

Hi all,

I try to capture an area over a specific polygon (dense vegetation). I was used to do it with my Phantom 3 but I’ve a Mavic pro 2 now.

First I had those “too far from the mission” alerts. I quickly use the “advanced mode” and then flew manually to the middle of the polygon to bypass the 2 locks. When I try to launch the mission, I then have a message like “mission not started because of internal DJI error”.

Note that even during a basic flight over my head, with everything OK during the preflight checklist, I’ve the same message.

Than you in advance for your help.

Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,

Usually this error message about “mission not started because of internal DJI error” appear when some settings of DJI GO 4 are conflicting with the mission you try to fly with Pix4Dcapture.
I would then suggest you go through our basic checks and troubleshooting article, especially focusing on the drone manufacturer application.

Best,

Hi all,

Here is my feedback. Indeed, the update of the firmware was required. The update didn’t work through DJI GO 4 but it did with DJI assistant 2 for Mavic (except for the controller). 

I then bypassed the EXIF reading problem using BR’s EXIF extracter. The altitude is still 50m above the flight plan though (WGS84, egm96). My upgrade plan is finished and unfortunately I cannot afford the Pix4D update that fixes the issue.  Note that if I use the p4d file of the mission, it still reads wrongly the coordinates. I have to extract them manually.

I wonder if the default camera internal parameters are really correct for the Mavic pro 2 (especially the sensor size). After the first initial processing, I had more than 90% relative difference between initial and optimized internal camera parameters (with alternative calibration method, 1/2 scale).  I then edited the internal parameters by loading the “Optimized parameters” (see custom parameters below) and restarted the process. We can see that the focal length is abnormally short. I try to understand where it does come from and how it does affect the results. Is it linked to the incorrect altitude ? You can see that my point cloud is vertically too close to the capture points.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Arnaud. Looking at the image you posted, this terrain does not seem optimal for accurate internal parameter optimization. The lack of geometry makes a bundle adjustment more difficult and can lead to incorrect values. I would enable “All Prior” for internal calibration in step 1 processing options. This will keep the values close to the database rather than getting these erroneous optimized values. 

Any plans to support love video streaming from the Mavic Pro 2 soon? It’s been 5 months since the last update.

Video stream is a feature I would definitely love to have.

Same thing goes for correct EXIF reading, which is still not working properly. Thank you in advance.

@Arnaud If you update to the latest stable release of Pix4D V4.4.12 the EXIF issue should be resolved. I passed along the request for streaming to the capture team. 

Hola Holden, mi problema es que tengo como controlador de mi mavic 2 pro el Smart controller y después de hacer todo lo posible para poder utilizar el Px4d , no me permite establecer la conexión con el dron, me podrias ayudar?

Gracias

Hola Juan Carlos,

Pix4D Capture aún no es compatible con el nuevo controlador inteligente DJI. Puede mantenerse informado con la conversación en el enlace de la comunidad a continuación.

https://community.pix4d.com/t/7862-New-DJI-Smart-Controller 

I have also just purchased a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom …only to find version 4.10 does not support this drone. Can someone from PIX4D’s plans are for the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom?

If the answer is “never”, then PIX4D should be honest and tell us “never”.

1 Like

Hello,
Unfortunately, there are no plans to support the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom in Pix4Dcapture.
If anything changes, we will post here

Just downloaded the app, and deleted it. No support for zoom. :unamused:
Bye