DJI Mavic 2 Zoom support

Hello.
Please let me know if mavic 2 zoom is compatible with Pix4D Capture. I can not find this information anywhere. Most of the data is about Mavic 2 Pro but there is no information about Mavic 2 Zoom.

1 Like

Hi Slawomir,

Currently, The DJI Mavic 2 Zoom is not supported and It is not in our pipeline to support it with Pix4Dcapture at the moment. It has technical reasons that are linked to the camera itself. 
You can have a look at our supported drone and webpage here.

Indeed the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom has a zoom camera and in general, we do not recommend using cameras where the focal length (zoom) can change which will probably lead you to some issues when processing projects with this camera.

Best,

Support could be made for Mavic 2 Zoom by blocking the focal length at 24 mm or 48 mm. Thanks to this you could fly a safe distance with higher image resolution.

1 Like

Hi Dani,

I will share your feedback with the developer’s so that they evaluate if it is possible or not and then consider to implement support for this drone. However, I can not guarantee that it will be done and it is currently not in our pipeline/priorities to support it.

Best,

Hello again, any news from Pix4D about this issue? Do you have a plan to implement pix4d abilities at Mavic 2 zoom?

Hi Miltiadis,

Currently, The DJI Mavic 2 Zoom is not supported and It is not in our pipeline to support it with Pix4Dcapture at the moment.
In the meantime, I will share your feedback with the developer’s team.

We will communicate on this thread as soon as there are any changes for the current status about the Mavic 2 Pro support.
We also encourage users to feedback us about their interest in it.

Best,

Thank you very much Gael for your response…many Mavic 2 Zoom operators are waiting for this support…

1 Like

Will there be any support for the Mavic 2 Zoom in the future?

Hello. I purchased a Dji Magic 2 Zoom aswell. I must say that I am a Bit disappointed that pix4d doesn’t support this drone. I can’t imagine that this should be a difficult Technical issue. Like some other owner already mentioned when if the focus will be blocked it’s nothing else like the Mavic Pro.
So please support this drone in the next Future. So many owners will thank this effort with a membership. Many Thanks and best wishes

2 Likes

@Allen Currently, The DJI Mavic 2 Zoom is not supported, and It is not in our pipeline to support it with Pix4Dcapture at the moment. In the meantime, I will share your feedback with the developer’s team.
@ Stefanie We understand your disappointment. However, there is nothing we could do right now. We will communicate on this thread as soon as there are any changes for the current status about the Mavic 2 zoom support.
We also encourage our users to follow our webpage on the supported drone for future updates here.

Hello,

would like to inform you that your competition from DroneDeploy is compatible with all the Mavic 2 series including Enterprise. If they can do it, I’m sure you can too and it should definately be in your pipeline to provide service to all of DJIs Mavic 2 line. Seems to be an odd answer that the zoom feature would even be an issue as it is manually controlled by the pilot and not by the app. There would be no reason for the pilot to go out of the pix4d app and into DJI GO to zoom in mid-flight and mid process of the drone taking the photos. In any case,  I was planning to subscribe but noticed the Zoom was not available to choose in the app and prompted me to search for answers and came across this thread. Unfortunately, I have to use DroneDeploy as I would not risk flying my drone with an application that does not explicitly support my drone. Please adress this asap as I would prefer to use your service over theirs. 

Thank you

kind regards, 

Mr. Predragovic

1 Like

Hi Sinisa,

Thank you very much for your feedback about the Mavic 2 line and its support by Pix4Dcapture.

I reported it to the developer’s team so that they will consider implementing the support for those drones. Be reassured that we will communicate on this thread as soon as there are any changes/decisions taken for the current status about the Mavic 2 zoom support.

Best regards,

Again, as per Dani Martín comment, 

Please can we have support for the Zoom version. 

thanks Owen

Hi Owen,

Thank you for your feedback. Your interest has been taken into account and shared with our teams:

Best,

Follow-up on the Mavic2 Zoom/Pix4D capture discussion.Testing various aircraft today, I too, discovered Mavic2 Zoom not supported by P4D Capture. Realize that zoom lens camera is not the ideal camera for mapping, I use my Phantom 4 Pro for most jobs, but the Mavic is an ideal machine to travel into remote field locations. As mentioned previously, Capture could take advantage of the zoom lens to allow flying at a higher AGL and still have high quality GSD by using the zoom at its maximum setting.

Also worth noting that Map Pilot Pro software does support the Mavic2 Zoom and deals with the zoom lens by allowing you to set the focal length to minimum 24 mm, or maximum 48 mm in the software  settings. There is the ability to set an intermediate zoom level as well, but it seems to me the two ends of the zoom range are a better choice for consistency.

Did a test mapping flight with Pix4D capture and the Mavic2 Zoom. No settings available, and camera view was blank, BUT images were captured. Currently building out the results in Pix4D and will be interested to see what I get. All the images were processed and right now the tie-point cloud actually looks pretty good.

To echo others, I hope P4D software engineers add Mavic2 Zoom support to Capture. The ability to fly high and still have a good GSD by using the maximum zoom seems like it could be a good bullet point in the upgrade window.

Dave

1 Like

Additional information following processing of Mavic 2 Zoom imagery acquired using Pix4D Capture.

Pix4D Capture recognized Mavic 2 Zoom as connected UAS, but no settings were available and no camera view could be seen, just a black screen.

Duplicated Project of area flown immediately prior to this flight with a Phantom 4 Pro. Flight appeared to go smoothly and dots appeared along the flight lines suggesting that images were being captured. 

SD card downloaded and images added to Pix4D Mapper project. Processing went smoothly, generating tie-point cloud, dense cloud and orthoimage. (screenshots of dense cloud and orthoimage below)

Have no idea what settings were used, perhaps same as P4P as the project was duplicated. Mavic 2 Zoom lens set a minimum zoom 24mm (35mm equiv) via DJI Go4 app prior to switching to P4D Capture.

Quality report generated but seems I cannot attach the PDF. Support, feel free to contact me for report if desired.

Hope this helps AND hope that Mavic2 Zoom is added to supported cameras for P4D Capture. 

Dave

2 Likes

I’m too waiting for mavic 2 zoom support in pix4dcapture

Selvins

Any news on supporting Mavic 2 Zoom in the future? I was looking forward to trying Pix4Dcapture but I see that you don’t currently support this model despite it being a big name.

Good afternoon. Add support for Zoom with a fixed setting.

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback. Your interest has been taken into account and shared with our teams.

Regards,