Island no Showing in depth on Map when planning a flight - P4D Capture App

Hi there guys, 

Im trying to use the pix4d Capture app on my phone for DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone.  I am on an Island called St Helena in the South Atlantic.  A British island. 

Its not mapped i assume like other areas in the world, i have tried to do a plan for a flight over a building to capture it and when i zoom in on the map within the app it only loads so much and then the map goes black and wont load anymore data.  

This is an issue for me as i cannot plan an accurate flight path around the building etc. 

Anyone know a way around this?

Thanks in advance

Hi Craig,

Being French I know Saint Helena for historical reasons.

In some places, you may experience missing tiles while using the map or satellite view depending on the zoom level. It can be possible to zoom but no tile is displayed or the zoom level is blocked. Unfortunately, only the base map provider is responsible for that.

Switching from the satellite to the map view might partially solve the problem of the missing background information when adjusting your grid in Pix4Dcapture.

Note

It may also come from the fact that some countries intentionally downgrade the resolution of the basemap provider for political reasons.

Workarounds :

• Change the street or/and satellite basemap provider. In Pix4Dcapture, go to Settings > Map. 
  • Set a custom map provider like Google Maps. This community post and this comment describe how to proceed.
  • Import a .kmz/.kml file. (on Android version of Pix4Dcapture)

Best regards,