Image allowance when uploading from PIX4D Mapper

I’m struggling to find the answer to this online and so hopefully someone here can clarify

If i process a project through Pix4D Mapper on my local machine consisting of 1000 images, and then upload this to Pix4d Cloud for sharing. Will this use 1/20 of my project allowances, or will it also use 1000/2500 of my image allowance?

I assume is wont use my image processing allowance as I have completed the processing locally, but would like to confirm.

Thanks

Hi @warren1

If you upload a project from PIX4Dmapper to PIX4Dcloud using the Upload Project Files… option then the project will be processed again from the start in PIX4Dcloud, and in this case you will be consuming the image and project allowance.

If you just want to upload the results then you have two options:
1- Use the PIX4Dconnector tool. For more information see the following article: Upload outputs to PIX4Dcloud with the PIX4Dconnector - PIX4Dmapper
or,
2- Create an empty project in PIX4Dcloud and manually upload the outputs that you are interested in sharing. For more information, How to upload results to PIX4Dcloud

In these last two cases, only the project allowance will be consumed.

I hope this information has been useful to you.

have a very nice day!

Best regards

Thank you, I thought that was the case.

I am using the connector tool, but in Cloud it has used up my photo allowance as well as project allowance. Hopefully/possibly an error due to the fact I’m in trial mode at the moment?

@Rosana_Lin

Thank you,

So just for final clarification as there are some discrepancies between your responses.

If I use Pix4d connector to upload the project, and the project outputs include images by selecting the export box from 1. initial Processing , this will consume both the project and image allowance even though pix4d cloud is not processing the images.

If that is the case, it seems odd that its let me exceed my allowance with the second upload.

Hi @warren1 ,

I am sorry for my late response. We have been investigating why the image allowance would be consumed even when uploading a project that was completely processed in PIX4Dmapper.

After confirming with our developing team, I can confirm if you upload an already processed project in PIX4Dmapper to PIX4Dcloud via the Connector, only the project allowance should be consumed. If the images are also consumed, this would require you to send us a personal support ticket to troubleshoot further. You can access to personal support if you have a valid license with our Support and Upgrade service.

I am sorry for the confusion in my previous reply. If the two projects were processed in PIX4Dmapper, then the images should not be counted when uploading them to PIX4Dcloud using PIX4Dconnector. I will delete my previous reply to avoid confusion for others.

We will work on making this more clear in our documentation.

Best regards,
Rosana (she/her)

Thank you for the response.

I have in the three weeks it’s taken to respond subscribed to a competitors service. I note that my support ticket is also yet to be responded to,

Your product seems good, but your customer service levels need some significant improvements.

Hi @warren2

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by the delay in our response to this issue. We do our best to prioritize all of our customers’ concerns and aim to respond within 24 hours to those with a valid license with our Support and Upgrade service.

Nevertheless, we value your feedback and are committed to improving our services. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Rosana (she/her)