Support Website Contact Support Blog

H20 / H20T support

Has anyone played with creating a camera settings parameters file for use in react captured with an H20 / H20T (wide angle)?

One of the issues that I know you will encounter is that when taking a picture with the H20 series the files that are created in the DCIM folder on the SD card will produce [file name]_W.jpg (where the “_W” signifying wide angle) [file name]_Z.jpg (zoom), and [file name]_T (thermal). So you will have to manually pull out just the picture set that you want to stich together (a tip for this would be to use the “" placeholder and then the _W to show JUST the files that where created by the wide angle zoom - so in the search bar inside of the folder containing the sets of images type "_W” select all the shown files, copy, and paste them into a new folder and you’ve got your data set to import easily!)

We are tasked with creating orthos often and not having a fully supported fleet that works with React just caused us some issues, so I would love to get a parameters file to allow auto importing and support with the H20 series of cameras (wide, zoom, or thermal - any and all would be great).

Thanks in advance,

-LWL

Hello,

We have been in contact with you on support. I am sharing here the information in case someone else has the same question :slight_smile:

About processing H2OT images, I am adding an XML file to process the RGB images of your camera. Please download this file here and import it to Pix4Dreact the way we explain in this article: How to generate an XML file to process a not supported camera in Pix4Dreact – Support, and test it with your datasets. If you have issues, please let us know.

We would like to add as many cameras as possible to our database; this is not yet there. We need some good datasets to test and calibrate before adding them. If you would like to share some datasets with us, please contact us to support.

Thermal would not work at the moment; if you need to process thermal images, please contact us and share how thermal imagery would help you in your projects. It is very important for us to understand your needs.

Have a great day.
Sincerely,

Fernanda