GoPro Hero9 parameters

Hi all,

I’ve been attempting to use Pix4D mapper in and underground mine with some good success so rather than colleting via drone I have been using a GoPro Hero9 and consistent lighting. Anyone out there using it for the same purposes?

My main question is I am trying to look for the camera parameters for the Hero9, there are a few saved cameras in the database but not the one I’m looking for and cannot find these details online. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jim.

Hi,

Indeed, in Pix4Dmapper internal camera database, you can find only the definition of Hero 3, 4 and 5.

As an alternative you should calibrate your camera on your own using our instruction on How to calibrate a Fisheye Lens Camera. It will add the parameters to the user camera database. Afterwards, each time you create a new project with Hero 9, Pix4Dmapper will load the parameters from that database.

Regards,

Has anyone had any luck with finding the parameters for the Go Pro Hero 9? If so can you please share them. I haven’t had any luck finding the necessary info.

Hi,

If you would like to calibrate this camera, you have to follow this instruction: How to calibrate a Fisheye Lens Camera. The most important and I believe the only parameter you have to find in the product’s documentation is the Pixel Size . The rest of the parameters will be automatically taken them the image EXIF and Pix4Dmapper’s calculation.

Regards

Does anybody have parameters? For this camera and video 5120x2880 I have pixel size 1.203125, principalPoint 3.08x1.7325 and focus lenght 2.8 and I still have problem with matching photos. Maybe digital image correction makes mistakes? I have much more better effects with Hero4 which is in DB.

I am looking for the parameters as well. I have contacted GP and they will not give them to me.

I did a camera calibration for the Hero 9. One big uncertainty is the pixel size of the unit, which we also have not been able to track down. By some accounts it’s 1.2 microns, by other sit’s 1.12. Here’s the calibration for the 1.2 guess.