FREQUENCY BETWEEN CAPTURE

HELLO, I START THE FLIGHT WITH NORMALITY BUT ALREADY ADVANCED THE MISSION BEGINS TO INCREASE THE TIME OF FREQUENCY BETWEEN EACH CAPTURE. ON THE OTHER HAND DRONE COMMENCES TO DOWNLOAD THE PHOTOS BUT AN ERROR DOES NOT ALLOW THE CONCLUSION WITH THE DOWNLOAD. I THANK HIS GOOD PREDISPOSITION

Hi Luciano,

What OS (Android/iOS) is your mobile device running?

In a general manner, for an optimal experience with Pix4Dcapture, we recommend to proceed with basic checks. This article helps users to troubleshoot app issues in most cases.

Gaps in the image acquisition can happen because of connection loss in the Fast mode on iOS. The interactions between the drone and the app during a mission are as follows.

1. The app receives the GPS location of the drone (drone >> phone).
  2. The app decides to take a picture according to the new location, and asks the drone to do it (phone >> drone).
  3. The drone may or may not take a picture, even though usually it does.
  4. The drone sends back a message to say that the picture was taken (drone >> phone).
  5. The app shows the camera icon at the position of the drone when the message is received.

Therefore the camera icons on the flight track of the grid do not always correspond to the exact location of the photos where they were taken. Indeed some delays may happen during steps 1, 2 and 4 described above. It can happen that the camera fails to shoot (step 3) but still sends a callback to say the image was captured, which results in fewer images on the SD card as expected. It can also happen that the message is not sent by DJI or missed by Pix4Dcapture (step 4) so the app thinks no image was captured whereas it is there, which results in more images on the SD card as expected.

To know if the drone regularly took pictures, we suggest that you open Pix4D Desktop on your computer and import the images that were saved onto the drone (SD card or internal memory). The images have accurate coordinates but not the icon on the Map view of the app.

This applies only if the Fast mode is active. By default, the Safe mode is selected and this mode makes the drone take pictures without waiting for a signal from the app. In this case, all pictures should be captured. To change this option, in the Home screen select a mission. In the Map view, tap the settings icon. Select the tab Advanced and choose the Picture trigger mode. 

Regarding the download to device and upload to cloud post-flight procedures, they might be unstable in some cases and fail from time to time. We believe that it is not a systematic issue since we have not been able to recreate it. When it fails, it cannot always be initiated again and/or be completed successfully. There is for now no other option but to extract the images from the SD card of the drone and create a new project from scratch.

Let us know how it went.

HELLO, THE OPERATING SYSTEM IS IOS. I'M TRYING TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE RECOMMENDATION OF THE SLOW CAPTURE MODE. I ONLY HAVE TO ASK, FOR THE MOMENT, ABOUT THE PREFERRED AND UNFINISHED RUNS ACCORDING TO WHAT THE IPAD SHOWED ME DURING THE FLIGHT. THE PROJECTED FLIGHT WAS APPROXIMATELY 20 PAST, EVERYTHING WAS GOOD UNTIL PAST 10, FROM THAT TIME THE DRONE BEGAN TO SHORTEN THE PAST. THIS ALSO HAS TO DO WITH THE SPEED OF THE FLIGHT? I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR GOOD PREDISPOSITION. REGARDS

Hi Luciano,

What you are describing is directly linked to the Picture trigger mode (Fast or Safe) issue I explained above. Fast mode is called that way because the drone will not stop to take pictures, contrarily to the Safe mode. It is not related to the actual speed you drone is flying.
And only when you are in the Fast picture trigger mode can you set the Drone speed parameter from Slow to Fast. However, this should not have any impact on the picture triggering, although it might on the blurriness of the picture for example (see this article section).

I hope this helps!