Some photos are missing after flight - Parrot Anafi Work

I did a Double Grid test mapping with 2 flights with multiple batteries. I saw 85 images collected. By connecting the Drone to the computer there were only 25 available images. Both the Drone Parrot Anafi Work and SkyController have updated firmware and both calibrated, just as Pix4D Capture is in its latest version.

I tried to do another flight, and I had the same problem, trying to download the images, both on the cell phone and the computer, do not contain the same amount of images that shows at the end of the flight.

It’s as if he performed the mission, thinks he took a lot of pictures, but actually comes less.

The mission was set to fast mode. Is that the problem? I saw that it has several modes: Slow, Normal, Normal +, Fast, etc.
I already did another mapping in Fast mode and I had no problem whatsoever.

Is there any suggestion to avoid this type of problem?

Hi Paulo,

I assume that you are using the iOS version of Pix4Dcapture, and selecting the Fast mode to trigger picture in your case.

The fast mode relies on the connection between the drone and the remote controller to trigger pictures. Then it may happen that some pictures are not taken properly if the connection is lost at some point.

My suggestions are:

• To be sure that the connection is effective all along your mission with the drone. This documentation may be useful.
  • That you are not flying in a zone where interferences may affect signal transmission.
  • To use the Safe mode to trigger pictures as it does not rely on the connection between the drone and the remote controller to trigger images.

Best,

1 Like

Grateful for the answer.

So you mean that in the other Pix4D Capture speed modes (Slow, Slow +, Normal and Normal +) there is a direct connection to the Drone, but the images are taken even with the loss of signal.

What do you mean by “Drone Safe Mode”? Where do I set this option in Pix4D Capture?

One more question, if there is a loss of signal between SkyController and Drone using Pix4D Capture, Drone will return home (since that’s what it would do if using FreeFlight6). If so, why in Double Grid mode did he ever return home?

Thanks!

Hi Paulo,

The speed sliders where you can set the speed of the drone is not related to the way images are triggered.
On one hand, you can set the drone speed sliders to Slow, Slow+, Normal+ and Fast as you mentioned above. In a general way, we recommend setting the drone speed to Fast except if the sharpness of your images is impacted.
On the other hand, in the settings, you can define either if you would like to trigger the images using the Fast mode or the Safe mode. Normally the fail-safe behavior of the drone will be triggered if the connection signal is lost for a certain duration.

In your case, I would suggest going through the basic checks and troubleshooting steps described in this article on our Knowledge Base, it will enable to solve most of the issues encountered if properly followed.

Best

Thank you again for the reply.

In version 4.4.0 (11) of my Pix4D Capture ( iOS 12.1.4 ) I do not have this option (Picture trigger mode) to configure the shooting of the images using the “Fast” mode or the “Security” mode. In “Advanced Settings” I have the following options: camera angle, front overlay, side overlay, drone speed, white balance and ignore home point.

Are you sure still have this important option? Are you sure you still have this important option these days?

Hi Paulo,

It is my mistake indeed, the Safe mode to trigger images does not exist for the Parrot Anafi. It will be in a future release.
In a first time, I would then suggest you follow my previous recommendations to see if it solves the issue:

• To be sure that the connection is effective all along your mission with the drone. This documentation may be useful.
  • That you are not flying in a zone where interferences may affect signal transmission.
  • Be sure that the issue is not coming from the SD card itself.

In a general way, you can have a look at our basic checks and troubleshooting steps article:

Just to confirm that my understanding is correct, images were missing both when you tried to synchronize with the mobile device and when trying to get them straight out of the SD card?

Best,