Support Website Contact Support Blog

Failed to calibrate cameras (Evo II Pro, XT705)

Hello.

When I try to calibrate ‘Evo II Pro (Autel Robotics)’ images, failed.

• use PIX4Dmatic (ver 1.18.0)
  • 64 images.
  • success when use PIX4Dmapper

I think internal camera information is not include on PIX4Dmatic.
Would you like to check ?

Best Regards.
Seiichi Takayama

Hello @seiichi_takayama, thanks for reporting the issue. It is hard to know what went wrong without having the data. Would it be possible to share the dataset with us? If you prefer to not post it on the community, let me know here and I’ll reach out to you by email.

Thank you
Best regards,
Pierangelo

Hello @Pierangelo_Rothenbuhler
Thank you your reply.
Today’s observation’s images are failed, too.

This is images.(approx. 1.4GB , I will delete after you downloaded or within 5 days.)

Output :
horizontal : JGD2011-CS09 (epsg 6677)
vertical : JGD2011(vertical)height (epsg 6695)

Best Regards.
Seiichi Takayama

@seiichi_takayama thanks for sharing, indeed, the calibration does not seem to work in PIX4Dmatic. At a first glance, the content of the images seems difficult to reconstruct: flat area with grass and the road seems to be slightly overexposed, maybe there is even some blurriness.

Would it be possible to share the quality report of the PIX4Dmapper project for which you mention that the calibration worked on these images? This will help me understand what settings you have used. Thank you!

Dear @Pierangelo_Rothenbuhler
Thank you your reply.
This is the report processed by PIX4Dmapper.
project_01_H42OL80SL70_report.pdf (1.1 MB)
Best Regards
Seiichi Takayama

Dear @seiichi_takayama,

Thanks for sharing! After some further investigations, I believe that the calibration pipeline that is currently in PIX4Dmatic is not meant for flat agricultural type terrains. These are tricky areas (flat, difficult to match keypoints,…). We will plan to experiment with more settings and maybe a different calibration pipeline to handle such cases in the future. One difference we noticed is that there is no automatic “rematch” in PIX4Dmatic’s pipeline. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Pierangelo

Dear @Pierangelo_Rothenbuhler
Thank you your investigation and reply. I see.
I expect to next ( or next next ) version.
Thank you.
Best Regards
Seiichi Takayama