Error when geotagging

We had 2 flights to conduct over a 2 day period. the photos were geotagged but when choosing the csv file with the geotags, pix4d prompts an error message

" More than 80 percent of the image coordinates of camera model DSC-RX1RM2_35.0_7952X5304 (RGB) were the same and therefore the corresponding geotags have been discarded".

Does anyone have insight on what can be causing this error? This is the first time I’m prompted with this message. I’m able to geotag if I select only the first flight first. but when trying to geotag the 2nd days flight, this error comes up? any ideas? thanks for help in advance.

Hi @atelles,

Do you see the geotags in the Image Properties Editor window after importing the CSV? Make sure that the file names for the second day are not the same as on the first day.

Is it possible to share with us 10 images of the second day and the CSV?
You can upload the data here (the link works only for you @atelles)

I am getting this same error while trying to process terrestrial images from my Sony a7riv camera.

Hi @tom1,

It is possible that your images EXIF data do not contain geolocation information. Please verify if your images acquired with your camera contains geotags.

Here are different options on how to geolocate your images:

If the error is happening during the import of a geolocation file, make sure the geolocation file has the correct format:

Cheers,
Daniele

After further research my sony camera only records gps data if it is bound to a mobile device when shooting. Thanks

1 Like

I have found this exact issue with this camera over multiple days of flying. I was able to solve this issue by combining both flight geotag csv files into a single file instead of importing separately. Just make sure to keep the header line from the first file and omit the header line from the second file when copying.

1 Like

Hi @cprieto,

Welcome to the Pix4D Community.
I’m happy to hear that you were able to solve the issue that you had when combining more flights. Thank you for sharing the solution with the community.

Happy mapping!