Coordinates not recognized

Dear community,
I am trying to create a orthomosaic and DEM from an overflight. The images are in tiff format and the geolocations are stored like this:
GPS Position: 78 deg 55’ 48.02" N, 11 deg 51’ 17.77" E
in the EXIF. When I create a new project none of the geolocations are recognized and I get the message:
“more than 80 percent of image coordinate of camera model were the same thus corresponding geotags have been discarded”.
Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?
Is there a way to extract the geolocations from all the images to a csv file which can be loaded in separately?
Thanks
Pix4D beginner

Hi @jehammar,

Only image positions in WGS84 can be read from the EXIF.

To learn more about this topic, please read our article How to geolocate the Images so that the Geolocation is imported in Pix4Dmapper.

Unfortunately, I don’t know any easy way in which you could extract the geolocation.

However, maybe our users know the way :slight_smile:

Regards

Hello and thank you for the answer,
it is in WGS84 but (degrees minutes seconds) but it probably need to be in decimal degrees?
Regards

Hi @jehammar,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please upload to our OneDrive ~3 images so I can verify the EXIF tags?

In Exif.GPSInfo.GPSLatitude/Longitude we read: “GPS degree and/or minute and/or second. In some formats, the list of rationals is shorter and the seconds and/or minutes part are ignored.” More in EXIF and XMP tag information read by Pix4D Desktop.

Thanks in advance,

Hello,
I solved the problem by extracting the metadata with ExifTool to a textfile and then import it separately.
Regards

1 Like

Thanks @jehammar for the update.
I’m happy that you fixed the problem!
Regards

1 Like

Dear all,
I have same problem I extracted the metadata with ExifTool and then import it separately, but this error did not resolve.

Hi @mina.miraki68 could you share with us the textfile you extracted?