geotag

Hi,

I recieved the message that many photos has got the same geotag so they will be discarded from the project. How can I avoid the discard process? I need to process all the images, I don’t care that the geotag is the same, I still need all of them. Can I ask you how can I simply ask Pix4D to process all of them? I try to do that just deleting the information of every single camera doing Clear from the importing window attached below but Pix4D discarded a lot of picture as well. Can you help me please?

Regards,

Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Pix4D reads the positions from the EXIF tags embedded in the JPG files. In your case, either they do not exist or they are zero.

If you ignore the message, you can still process but please note that (unless you have GCPs), the result will be given in an arbitrary coordinate system and it will not be properly scaled.

Regards.

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your answer, you have been very clear, thanks. I know that without any Georef information on my camera my project will be in local, but is ok. I have many GCPs that will be used to georef the project. I choose to delete EXIF information because when I started the alignment process the ray cloud was affected by big errors, so the only way that I found to fix it (using Tie points looked not helping so much the cloud, I put around 20 Tie Points and I still had errors), was to delete camera information. I was hoping, like you say, that Pix4D should process all of them anyway. Unfortunately it didn’t. A lot of camera (around 200 of 878 total) were disabled. So my final Ray cloud was ok, no distortions but at the same time no information for a huge part of my survey extent. I tried to force the software to enable some of disable cameras adding tie points for disable and enable cameras, but nothing looks working. Can I ask you way he decide to disable so many cameras? There is a way just to tell Pix4D to process all the camera doesn’t matter about the results? In addition to this, why it still say that some cameras has got the same geotag if no one of them has got geotag?
Sorry for my bad knowledge of the software. I’m a new user of Pix4D so I still have a lot to learn!
Thanks in advantage.

Regards,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

There are many reasons why some images cannot get calibrated during Step1 like lack of overlap, blurry images, wrong processing settings… When this happens, it is because the software cannot find tie points in those images and they are not connected so they cannot be calibrated. 

I would suggest not to remove the geotags as they help for the reconstruction. If possible, I would like to see the Quality Report from  the first run where you used the geotags, to try to find out what happened.

Regards.