Error : single point measurement with viDoc

Hello.

Error Appear when I use single point measurement with viDocRTKrover.
Some hardware trouble or SDK’s bug ?

PIX4Dcatch : version 1.21.0
iPhone : iPhone 14 Pro Max

It appears even if good environmet ‘RTK Fix’ and internet connection.

Best Regards.
Seiichi Takayama

Hi seiichi_takayama,

Yes, it appears that this could be an issue from the SDK. We are currently working with Vigram to correct this with an updated SDK. We have received very few reports of this behavior, and are very interested in learning how this behavior originates. Are you able to identify when this started in your case? Is it for every measurement, or does it appear randomly? If I interpret the screen shots correctly, this appears to be happening during measurements without the laser.

Any extra information you can share would be helpful.

Regards,
-Jon

Hello, Jon.

Are you able to identify when this started in your case?

About 3 mothe ago, it was not appear this error message (It could measure) .
Very recently error.

Is it for every measurement, or does it appear randomly?

Every measurement. I can’t measure evenif restart viDoc and App.

happening during measurements without the laser.

Yes, it doesn’t appear laser.

Any extra information you can share would be helpful

When iPhone12ProMax, doesn’t measure , and no message.

Best Regards,
Seiichi Takayama

Hi Seiichi,

Pardon the delay in my reply.

Yes, it doesn’t appear laser.

You have a viDoc without the laser or, the error does not occur when using the laser?

Can you share the serial number of the viDoc?

We are able to replicate this behavior by turning of the location services. Is it safe to assume this is turned on for these phones?

Can you also please replicate the error, and then export and share a log from any available project. The project will contain current state information that will be helpful.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
-Jon

Hello, Jon.

You have a viDoc without the laser or, the error does not occur when using the laser?

I have a viDoc with laser. And does not occur when using SinglePointMeasurement on PIX4Dcatch.

Can you share the serial number of the viDoc?

Serial No. 2100819

Is it safe to assume this is turned on for these phones?

Location servides was on.

export and share a log from any available project

How export log ?
This error is SinglePointMeasurement, not ScanImages.

And added Information.
I notice “Use laser” switch is not display, like this documentation.

Best Regarads,
Seiichi Takayama.

I have a viDoc with laser. And does not occur when using SinglePointMeasurement on PIX4Dcatch.
I notice “Use laser” switch is not display, like this documentation.

We noticed as well, thank you for confirming the behavior. We have not seen this before. Has the toggle been absent for 3 months as well?

This error is SinglePointMeasurement, not ScanImages.

Yes, I understand it sounds strange as there is no way to get a Single Point Measurement log when it is not working. However, the app is constantly logging its state, and we are able to obtain this in any current log exported. This is also why it is important to export after experiencing the error(not immediately, but soon after) as it would be possible to overwrite this information.

From any project:

On another note we have found that the error message received and presented earlier is thrown when the accuracies are greater than 5m.

I hope this information reaches you well. Please let me know if there is anything I can clarify or if you have any questions. I look forward to your reply. I can also send you a shared drive in private should you like as well.

Regards,
-Jon

Hello, Jon

This is exported log.

After you download, I will delete soon.
Best Regards,
Seiichi Takayama

Download complete, thank you. As this investigation progresses, I might need to share this issue with vigram. I am unable to do this via Community tickets and will open a regular support ticket. Please be aware of this, as I will take this action as soon as it is appropriate. You will receive an email if/when this happens.

Regards,
Jon

1 Like

Hi Seiichi,

We made a discovery today. We found that if we create a point collection without being connected to the viDoc and then connect to the vidoc before measuring, the laser toggle is missing. This would make sense as the app believes it is not connected to the viDoc RTK rover at creation. Is it possible this is what could have happened to you?

If you were to connect to the viDoc RTK rover first, and then create a new point collection. When measuring points the laser toggle should be visible. Correct?

This is in regards to the missing laser toggle.

-Jon

Hello,Jon
Thank you.
But it cannot work yet. version 1.21.0 (PIX4Dcatch / iPhone12ProMax)

But version1.20.0 (PIX4Dcatch / iPhone7Plus) , laser toggle appear, and be able to measure.

I think this error appear from 1.21.0.

Best Regards
Seiichi Takayama

Hi seiichi_takayama,

I hope you are well.

Can you please test the new version 1.22.0 just released? We believe we were able to find the cause and addressed it in this update.

But version1.20.0 (PIX4Dcatch / iPhone7Plus) , laser toggle appear, and be able to measure.

Was the same iOS version installed in this device as well?

Regards,
Jon

Hello, Jon.

I am sorry to late reply.

I tried v1.22.0 , but toggle does not appear.

Seiichi Takayama